• Tweets

• The dealer is MK autos ltd in Milton Keynes.   We know the car was serviced by bmw once, as we called to ask but about 2 years ago.  The car was brought for £10,995 but with finance cost total will be £22,000.. Eye watering amount but again we was pushed into a corner. I needed a car my mum has terminal lung cancer and I do all the hospital appointments. We thought that we would be safe for a while at least.   Again I forgot to mention that although the car had a "service" the rear brakes went and were replaced on the 15th June 2019..   We have paid so far in total £2260 in 6 months.   I am prepared to fight this!!  
    • What is the name of the dealer please? I'm afraid that you seem to have managed to miss certain important landmarks. If a defect occurs within the first 30 days then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option. Unfortunately you didn't assert this short-term right to reject and so you have lost the opportunity. After that, if a defect occurs within the first six months then you have the right to insist upon a repair and if the repair fails then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option. Unfortunately you haven't taken advantage of this. The dealer has claimed that a warranty has expired. It has nothing to do with warranties and in fact warranties tend to be extremely misleading because they tend to lull you into a sense that you have no other rights. This is not true. Under the Consumer Rights Act you are entitled to have a vehicle which is of satisfactory quality – given the price, age, and other relevant factors – and that it remains in a satisfactory condition for a reasonable period of time. On the basis of what you say it seems to me that the defects are serious enough to render the vehicle not of satisfactory quality. However, you are dealing with a dealer who is clearly unhelpful. I don't know why you haven't told us who he is – but you should do. You have taken out finance and although you reached out to the finance company at an early stage, they declined to get involved. They gave you a reason and it seems that you accepted this reason even though you don't seem to understand that the finance company has no friend of yours. Your interests are in conflict with theirs. Under section 75 of the consumer credit act, the finance company is liable to exactly the same extent as the dealer is. The chances are that you may have to take one or other of them to court. You certainly need to be prepared to do so and be prepared to threaten it in the hope that someone will put their hands up – but if they don't then you will go ahead with your threat. Don't bluff. You haven't told us how much you have paid for the vehicle. Also, have you sought an independent quotation for the repair work? On the basis that the dealer is probably going to remain uncooperative then you are probably looking at several months before this is sorted out. The way to deal with it will be to be extremely assertive and aggressive and we will help you if you have the will to do it.  
    • Quick update since it's been 4 months now - they never responded to the letter I sent and the case got passed onto Zinc. They try to phone/text me probably once or twice a week, I have never responded though. Blocking the number doesn't help, seems like they have an endless supply of disposable numbers which is a bit annoying, but whatever 😑. They also send me the occasional email reminding them that I "owe" them money too. I've never received any physical letters.   That's pretty much it. For anyone who came across this post because they're in a similar situation to the one I was, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just ignore them. These people are powerless. They'll try to contact you endlessly and it's a tiny bit annoying, but eventually they'll bugger off. Nobody will show up at your door. Your credit score won't be affected. Their whole business is based around trying to intimidate vulnerable people into paying money that they don't owe.
    • It depends from a lot of factors: 1. Is the timing chain a serviceable item, even by visual inspection? 2. At around 50k miles i would expect the manufacturer to step in for a snapped chain. IMO they shouldn't break on an almost new engine. 3. Was the car sold as fsh? From main dealer, vat registered garage or backstreet/tesco car park mechanic? 4. Did the chain break inside the 6 months?
  • Our picks

Mousey 66

Lowell/BW Claimform - IsMe CAT Debt - taken out by EX in my name ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 433 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

it is worthy to note if you are going to negotiate/settle then get lowells to knock off all the £12 penalty charges I bet ISME [Now Very] both part of shop direct group , will have added

probably 2*£12 most months

could be worth £100's

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

I hope you won't mind but I taken the initiative of dropping them an email. I don't have any special contacts with this company – but I asked them to have a look at this thread and to see whether they might be able to speak to you in a helpful way.

I've asked them to contact me with their response.

If they do contact me then I will probably put a message up here for you to email me on our admin email address with your contact details and the case reference number.

If you would rather not do this – then just let me know.

I wouldnt hold your breath with BW Legal - They arent sympathetic at all..

They have in the past with me informed me that a CRN from Actionfraud is not valid / irrelevant

But lets see here - :)

Mousey 66 - please will you email me on our admin email address. Please put "Lowell claim form" in the subject line.

I received a response from Lowell and they tell me that they have looked at this thread. They say that they appreciate that this must be a difficult time for you and they would be interested in talking to you.

If you send me the email, I will forward you the exchange of messages between us and then you can decide whether or not to contact them. I'm sure that it will be worth contacting them at least to make some exploratory negotiation. It would certainly be sympathetic of them to write off any £12 charges that they have may have been levying – but it will be up to you to make a decision based on what you think is in your best interests both financially and also in terms of peace of mind.

Maybe you can update us with the progress on this.

Good luck

Well Ive spoken to a very nice lady from Lowell who is going to do all she can to help me with this mess. So Im sure they’re not as bad as a few above have made them out to be!

Well Ive spoken to a very nice lady from Lowell who is going to do all she can to help me with this mess. So Im sure they’re not as bad as a few above have made them out to be!

Good :)

Well no Lowell arent bad - They dealt with me fairly before and were very good.

However BW Legal not so much which is why i am glad that you have had a response from Lowell...

Please do keep us updated. The minimum i would expect is they pull it back from BW Legal - this is the best thing :)

Yeah thats what she said she will try and do for me, so heres hoping! I will keep you up to date with it all.

Can i just say - I understand why you dont want to go to Actionfraud - Especially considering kids etc :)

Quite commendable. However please do keep us posted. I would ask you consider a donation to us in the future :)

Its so we can keep this site going :)

well ofcourse they'll be nice

they are getting money out of you for free so atleast some of their easter drinkies bill gets paid..

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

That’s good to hear! I believe the lady I spoke to will do her best for me, I can’t ask for more than that!

Hey if I get a good result with ths I think a small donation is the least I can do in way of thanks!

Well I’m sure whatever I may end up paying is owed at the end of the day, and this debt is in my name I’ll just be thankful if I don’t end up in court as the outcome of that would more than likely be far worse!

its not owed

the original creditor wrote the debt off against tax and their insurance against bad debt they pay

then they sold it on to these fleecers for

throw the morality card out the window Mousey

as if you look you'll see these fleecers are after you for the whole sum not the knockdown price they brought it for

so hows that morality card looking now mousey..:madgrin:

if everyone stop paying DCA's tomorrow the WHOLE industry would collapse

Well I don’t have much choice but to pay what they ask or be taken to court then do I?

How can these companies threaten court for a debt that was written off be the original creditors then?

How can it be legal they can do this?

Well I dont have much choice but to pay what they ask or be taken to court then do I? well you do you defend the case but you've chosen not too, we understand your reasons - you've got until july no need to rush into settling it yet. it would be nice to see their cards, if you could scan up ALL of their witness statement [suitably redacted mind!] ..read upload [ONE multipage PDF please ONLY!]

How can these companies threaten court for a debt that was written off be the original creditors then? by a business deal/debt assignment.

How can it be legal they can do this?

as could you if someone owes you money, in fact its the only thing you could do raise a moneyclaim.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have no more legal powers than you or I.

99.99% of people fall for their cleverly worded letters..

we have won numerous times on claims like yours - but we need to see their cards

dx

I have tried to upload the documents but am having problems as I only have an ipad to do this on, and can’t figure out how to do it. When I go to select it says it can’t upload it. I have installed PDF expert and put the photos on there, so unsure what else I can do, and I’m losing patience now as I’m very tired and up early for work tomorrow, so I’ll bid you good night!

i'll send you a secure email by PM

i'll do it for you

Had confirmation that all legal proceedings have now stopped and the account will be passed back to Lowell, they are also going to carry out a thorough investigation into it and contact me again when they have done so.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No nothing at all like that, it was an email from the lady I spoke to yesterday saying what she has done and will be doing.

Okay so lets just refresh were we are......

You received a court claim....and submitted a defence having stated you would defend all of the claim.

You submitted your directions questionnaire (N180)

You state the the hearing is on 11th of July.....for you to know this date you must have received a Notice of Allocation (N157)

The Notice of Allocation will contain Directions that both parties must comply with Submitting a witness statement and disclosing evidence and by what date.The claimant will pay a hearing fee and the claim will be transferred to your local county court.

If either party fails to comply with directions by the date stated you risk your claim/defence being struck out.

BW have sent you their witness statement as required to as part of the directions stated within the Notice of Allocation.

I take it you have not complied with directions and not submitted a witness statement or any evidence ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes I did the directions questionnaire and submitted my defence to Northampton court last year , however I opted for mediation, but I didn’t hear back about it

I just got a letter from my local court a few weeks ago to say it was being heard there in July, I Again opted for mediation.

Then last week I received the witness statement from BW.

" I just got a letter from my local court a few weeks ago to say it was being heard there in July, I Again opted for Mediation."

Check that letter again .....it should be headed " Notice of Allocation " N157 bottom left of the page

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 433 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you