Lowell/BW Claimform - IsMe CAT Debt - taken out by EX in my name ***Claim Discontinued***

Mousey 66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is worthy to note if you are going to negotiate/settle then get lowells to knock off all the £12 penalty charges I bet ISME [Now Very] both part of shop direct group , will have added

probably 2*£12 most months

could be worth £100's

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you won't mind but I taken the initiative of dropping them an email. I don't have any special contacts with this company – but I asked them to have a look at this thread and to see whether they might be able to speak to you in a helpful way.

I've asked them to contact me with their response.

If they do contact me then I will probably put a message up here for you to email me on our admin email address with your contact details and the case reference number.

If you would rather not do this – then just let me know.

I wouldnt hold your breath with BW Legal - They arent sympathetic at all..

They have in the past with me informed me that a CRN from Actionfraud is not valid / irrelevant

But lets see here - :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Mousey 66 - please will you email me on our admin email address. Please put "Lowell claim form" in the subject line.

I received a response from Lowell and they tell me that they have looked at this thread. They say that they appreciate that this must be a difficult time for you and they would be interested in talking to you.

If you send me the email, I will forward you the exchange of messages between us and then you can decide whether or not to contact them. I'm sure that it will be worth contacting them at least to make some exploratory negotiation. It would certainly be sympathetic of them to write off any £12 charges that they have may have been levying – but it will be up to you to make a decision based on what you think is in your best interests both financially and also in terms of peace of mind.

Maybe you can update us with the progress on this.

Good luck

Well Ive spoken to a very nice lady from Lowell who is going to do all she can to help me with this mess. So Im sure they’re not as bad as a few above have made them out to be!

Well Ive spoken to a very nice lady from Lowell who is going to do all she can to help me with this mess. So Im sure they’re not as bad as a few above have made them out to be!

Good :)

Well no Lowell arent bad - They dealt with me fairly before and were very good.

However BW Legal not so much which is why i am glad that you have had a response from Lowell...

Please do keep us updated. The minimum i would expect is they pull it back from BW Legal - this is the best thing :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Can i just say - I understand why you dont want to go to Actionfraud - Especially considering kids etc :)

Quite commendable. However please do keep us posted. I would ask you consider a donation to us in the future :)

Its so we can keep this site going :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

well ofcourse they'll be nice

they are getting money out of you for free so atleast some of their easter drinkies bill gets paid..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I’m sure whatever I may end up paying is owed at the end of the day, and this debt is in my name I’ll just be thankful if I don’t end up in court as the outcome of that would more than likely be far worse!

its not owed

the original creditor wrote the debt off against tax and their insurance against bad debt they pay

then they sold it on to these fleecers for

throw the morality card out the window Mousey

as if you look you'll see these fleecers are after you for the whole sum not the knockdown price they brought it for

so hows that morality card looking now mousey..:madgrin:

if everyone stop paying DCA's tomorrow the WHOLE industry would collapse

and they

Well I don’t have much choice but to pay what they ask or be taken to court then do I?

How can these companies threaten court for a debt that was written off be the original creditors then?

How can it be legal they can do this?

Well I dont have much choice but to pay what they ask or be taken to court then do I? well you do you defend the case but you've chosen not too, we understand your reasons - you've got until july no need to rush into settling it yet. it would be nice to see their cards, if you could scan up ALL of their witness statement [suitably redacted mind!] ..read upload [ONE multipage PDF please ONLY!]

How can these companies threaten court for a debt that was written off be the original creditors then? by a business deal/debt assignment.

How can it be legal they can do this?

as could you if someone owes you money, in fact its the only thing you could do raise a moneyclaim.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have no more legal powers than you or I.

99.99% of people fall for their cleverly worded letters..

we have won numerous times on claims like yours - but we need to see their cards

dx

and they

I have tried to upload the documents but am having problems as I only have an ipad to do this on, and can’t figure out how to do it. When I go to select it says it can’t upload it. I have installed PDF expert and put the photos on there, so unsure what else I can do, and I’m losing patience now as I’m very tired and up early for work tomorrow, so I’ll bid you good night!

i'll send you a secure email by PM

i'll do it for you

and they

Had confirmation that all legal proceedings have now stopped and the account will be passed back to Lowell, they are also going to carry out a thorough investigation into it and contact me again when they have done so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Okay so lets just refresh were we are......

You received a court claim....and submitted a defence having stated you would defend all of the claim.

You submitted your directions questionnaire (N180)

You state the the hearing is on 11th of July.....for you to know this date you must have received a Notice of Allocation (N157)

The Notice of Allocation will contain Directions that both parties must comply with Submitting a witness statement and disclosing evidence and by what date.The claimant will pay a hearing fee and the claim will be transferred to your local county court.

If either party fails to comply with directions by the date stated you risk your claim/defence being struck out.

BW have sent you their witness statement as required to as part of the directions stated within the Notice of Allocation.

I take it you have not complied with directions and not submitted a witness statement or any evidence ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes I did the directions questionnaire and submitted my defence to Northampton court last year , however I opted for mediation, but I didn’t hear back about it

I just got a letter from my local court a few weeks ago to say it was being heard there in July, I Again opted for mediation.

Then last week I received the witness statement from BW.

" I just got a letter from my local court a few weeks ago to say it was being heard there in July, I Again opted for Mediation."

Check that letter again .....it should be headed " Notice of Allocation " N157 bottom left of the page

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks