cups

Barclaycard closed on credit file, offering full and final but DCA are reporting CRA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 607 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Been sorting out my debts for some years now.

Been paying BC for years, claimed back PPI and got it still there and have now offered that and some other cash to Link as a full and final.

Link state they will make a decision but once paid they will report on my credit file.

The account is shown as closed, funnily enough the card /acc ref is wrong, but the date for opening is right. It is shown as closed and with a nil balance. The record was last updated on 16/10/2016: which is when Link took it over.

I have carries from BC showing they closed the account on 04/04/2000.

Can Link report on this account ?

If they agree to F and F can they mark up my credit file?

I know it was defaulted a long time ago but BC never gave me a CCA, and it is not with any PPI carries either.

My main concern is my credit file and having nowt to do with Link anymore.

Appreciate any help / advice

Cups

if it was defaulted more than 6yrs ago it should not be showing

pers I would never give link a penny.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

If BC haven't got a CCA then why are you paying anything??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Cups,

Once the a/c drops off your CRA files, it should not reappear whether you stop paying completely or try to agree a F&F to settle.

The a/c won't be Statute Barred for many years because you've continued to make payments up until the present. So they can continue to seek payments from you but, with no credit agreement, they can do nothing to enforce the balance.

You've paid for far longer than many folk here would recommend and I see no point in paying anything further or dealing with Link at all.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi

I appreciate that, l do want to get rid of it though, shall l challenge them about the fact it is closed etc.

Cups

You say you sent a CCA request, and BC failed to send you one?

That in itself means you can stop paying.

The reason why the vultures are still circling is because they are exploiting your lack of knowledge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Cups,

IMHO there's nothing "to get rid of" .

The a/c is no longer on your CRA files so there's no need to challenge anyone about anything.

Ignore Link from here on ........

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

The BC account is shown as in the closed section of my CRA, it has been closed for over 6 years now and has a nil balance, can they update my file in these circumstances?

Cups

nope

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks, will warn them.

Warn who?

spreadsheets 

You don't need to warn anyone.

Just cease contact for now.

Don't go rattling any cages, you'll only encourage the little darlings.

Thanks for the advice.