Barclaycard closed on credit file, offering full and final but DCA are reporting CRA

cups
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Been sorting out my debts for some years now.

Been paying BC for years, claimed back PPI and got it still there and have now offered that and some other cash to Link as a full and final.

Link state they will make a decision but once paid they will report on my credit file.

The account is shown as closed, funnily enough the card /acc ref is wrong, but the date for opening is right. It is shown as closed and with a nil balance. The record was last updated on 16/10/2016: which is when Link took it over.

I have carries from BC showing they closed the account on 04/04/2000.

Can Link report on this account ?

If they agree to F and F can they mark up my credit file?

I know it was defaulted a long time ago but BC never gave me a CCA, and it is not with any PPI carries either.

My main concern is my credit file and having nowt to do with Link anymore.

Appreciate any help / advice

Cups

if it was defaulted more than 6yrs ago it should not be showing

pers I would never give link a penny.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Cups,

Once the a/c drops off your CRA files, it should not reappear whether you stop paying completely or try to agree a F&F to settle.

The a/c won't be Statute Barred for many years because you've continued to make payments up until the present. So they can continue to seek payments from you but, with no credit agreement, they can do nothing to enforce the balance.

You've paid for far longer than many folk here would recommend and I see no point in paying anything further or dealing with Link at all.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You say you sent a CCA request, and BC failed to send you one?

That in itself means you can stop paying.

The reason why the vultures are still circling is because they are exploiting your lack of knowledge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Cups,

IMHO there's nothing "to get rid of" .

The a/c is no longer on your CRA files so there's no need to challenge anyone about anything.

Ignore Link from here on ........

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

The BC account is shown as in the closed section of my CRA, it has been closed for over 6 years now and has a nil balance, can they update my file in these circumstances?

Cups

nope

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Warn who?

and they

You don't need to warn anyone.

Just cease contact for now.