NCP ANPR PCN - NCP Lincoln Central **CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I drove into the NCP in Lincoln several times over the last few weeks to collect keys from an office behind.

I park in the private car park at the back.

You have to drive through the NCP to get to it.

I have received a PCN for £100 as they clocked me going in and then leaving 19 mins later. I didnt park in their car park!!!

I will get several more of these over the next few days so am livid.

Surely they cannot charge you to drive through their car park, it is the only entrance to the private one at the back that they dont own.

Also, now they photograph you arriving and leaving does that mean i cant wait in there anymore for my disabled partner?

They are getting bad.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi,

Before we advise, can you fill this out please

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055

Please ensure you say exactly which car park this is.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Are you saying that driving through their car park is the only available access to the private land?

Who is the owner of the NCP car park?

Who is the owner of the carpark you are getting to?

Who owns the office that you go to? Do they have the right to use the private car park and are they entitled to grant permission to people like yourselves who visit the office?

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement: 15/03/2018

2 Date on the NTK: 03/04/18

3 Date received: 06/04/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, front of car entering and back of car leaving. No photos of car stationery

6 Have you appealed? Not yet

Have you had a response?

7 Who is the parking company? NCP

8. Where is the car park? NCP Lincoln Central – free school lane lincoln

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check here

BPA

Edited by dx100uk
format

According to the dates you have given, the Notice to Keeper is Out of Time. This must be received by the keeper within 14 days as it is a camera controlled car park (ANPR)

Looking on Google, it seems there is only one entrance/exit to the site therefore (and if it can be proved) the private car park is a separate entity to the NCP car park and should be treated as separate land.

NCP are usually good with appeals and rarely take court action. Can you revisit the site and take pictures of all the signs and especially where you parked. Any signs that are different to the NCP ones should be photographed.

As for an appeal. Personally, I would go for it but without mentioning they are out of time. Keep that under your hat for later

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Good old No Clue Parking.

If you can answer the questions at post #5 that'll help.

If the only access to the private car park is via the NCP, the people that own/lease the car park that you're going to must have some kind of agreement with NCP. I'd be asking them first if they can help.

Failing that, as silverfox has said, according to the dates that you've given, this is going absolutely nowhere anyway. They're out of time to create keeper liability, so as long as they don't find out who the driver was they've got no chance!

You'll get all the usual threat-o-grams of course, but this isn't going anywhere near a court.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Who owns the office that you go to? Do they have the right to use the private car park and are they entitled to grant permission to people like yourselves who visit the office?

Good old No Clue Parking.

If you can answer the questions at post #5 that'll help.

I'm not sure that we have received these answers yet

no contract between you and them and anyways,

they are breaching the DPA by even recording your number plate and then processing that data!

they will owe you money if you wish to pursue this but what I would do is ask the company whose land you visited what they do about false claims.

PE have to run a whitelist in a couple of locations where there is a right of access over land their cameras stare at and they will be fined a massive sum if they get it wrong so no reason to suppose that the same is not a possibility here.

Once you have this info them a short letter telling them that they are wrong and will be in trouble if they continue to harass you should the end

the matter. If it doesnt they are still wrong but you have more options depending on how far you want to take it

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

It would help us if we knew where you were actually visiting and the place you parked. You can do a screenshot of the car park from google earth and then put a cross where you parked and of course any signs that differ from the NCP ones.

Your basic appeal is one of that you didn't park on any relevant land as the parking area visited was not part of the NCP car park.

Also, read the NTK again. DVLA do not give out details of the driver, only the keeper so any appeal MUST NOT include the drivers name. Just say, 'The Driver' If you ever did give them your name as the driver, this would negate any action you take and make things easier for NCP to chase the driver.

PE have to run a whitelist in a couple of locations where there is a right of access over land their cameras stare at and they will be fined a massive sum if they get it wrong so no reason to suppose that the same is not a possibility here.

Erm! was this just an example or are you thinking this thread is a PE one?

It seems we have another person who seeks advice but then won't engage with this thread.

It makes it very difficult for all the highly motivated people who want to provide support

The office I go to has 1 space in this porivate car park, the others beking to other offices, i always use it if empty as it is private

Thanks, im off down tomorrow and will take photos etc so will know more then. In the m eantime do i reply to NCP

The office I go to has 1 space in this porivate car park, the others beking to other offices, i always use it if empty as it is private

Thanks, im off down tomorrow and will take photos etc so will know more then. In the m eantime do i reply to NCP

we are trying desperately to work out if you should reply to NCP and what you should say. However, you are making it extremely difficult because you won't actually address the questions which are being put.

It's a bit like pulling teeth.

To answer silverfox's question, yes I was using it as an example because these clowns should be doing the same so that way you and others dont get harassed and they dont drag people to court and lose when there is a very simple alternative.

Latest - NCP DO NOT Own the land that the Serco car park is on. The only way to access the Serco car park is by entering the NCP car park/

. Serco have had a lot of trouble from NCP n the last few weeks andf cancelled a few tickets

Latest - NCP DO NOT Own the land that the Serco car park is on. The only way to access the Serco car park is by entering the NCP car park/

. Serco have had a lot of trouble from NCP n the last few weeks andf cancelled a few tickets

In that case has SERCO got an unrestricted right of way accross that NCP carpark for vehicles accessing it? Wonder if DPD, DHL and Yodel keep getting ticketed for delivering to SERCO?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well, as the land is owned by a company with no financial link to NCP then this charge should be cancelled. There is no liability for crossing land to get to another site. NCP should have ensured that the vehicle actually parked on the land in question before going to the DVLA and as such, they are in breach of th KADOE contract they have with DVLA and should be reported. There is also potential for a breach of the Data Protection Act by accessing data they had no right to have in the first place.

Problem for NCP is that their poxy ANPR only tags vehicles in and out, it has no camera probably that logs who is going in and out of SERCO, something it needs to be able to say that the vehicle actually parked in their area. and didn't just drive through to access SERCO.

I think if they were silly enough to do court proof that SERCO was the destination along with a right of way to access would blow them out of the water.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Sorry can you please post up the letter where they use the word FINE?

Pop all those pic into ONE multipage PDF so we can zoom them

Read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Erm, hang on a minute. :|

You've got a NtK From NCP? That sign says UKCPS.

If I'm correct on both counts, even ignoring the Serco private parking area, this is going to be an easy win :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I agree. At the entry to the site it clearly states NCP yet that sign says UKCPS. there is an NCP sign as well in the picture but further back.

It can't be stated more clearly than the road markings showing the SERCO so NCP have no claim on the land in question. A pretty poor show from NCP as they obviously haven't though this out properly.

I wouldn't even bother with an appeal, just a simple letter stating that there is no cause of action as 'The Driver' did not park in that car park I would also complain to the DVLA as NCP have obtained your private data with no grounds

mke sure that your letter is very firm., no mention of appeals just a plain worded you are wrong (for several reasons but the not parking bit should be the only one you need to mention) and that if they dont cease this nonsense you are minded to take action against them for the unlawful processing of your personal data as per VCS v Phillip Liverpool CC dec 2017.

They generally dont take any notice of threats of being sued but mention a specific case where they knwo the outcome is certain they should actually take notice