RICH4641

Monument / Barclaycard Payment Break Plan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 614 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, New to site so forgive me if covered before or posted incorrectly.

I requested a SAR from Barclaycard as I had an issue regarding a card I had with them.

they sent me today a stack of old statements, within this stack are statements that relate to an old Monument Credit card I had,

I assume they either own them or took them over?

I noticed on all the statements that I was paying a Payment Break Plan fee each month,

I have no idea what this is or why it's on,

I have had a quick scan on web and it appears similar to PPI,

question is,

can I claim a refund as mis-sold?

I didn't need/want or even realise I had, so would definitely say it was mis-sold.

But is this treated same as PPI?

If so, does anyone know how I go about complaining to get a refund? (i.e any template letters)

Who do I send it to? monument ? Barclaycard ? Does Monument still exist?

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi Rich and welcome to CAG

Monument Cards were taken over by BC quite a while back and it's BC that you'll write to seeking a refund.

I'm moving this to the PPI forum and that's where you'll find other cases for inspiration.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets