• Tweets

• Looking for a bit of advice on an possible malicious or fraudulent claim.   I received a letter today from my insurance company regarding an alleged incident three months ago and stating I had five days to respond or my no claims bonus could be affected if they settled the claim. It gave a date and postal code for the incident. I rung the insurance company and said I had not been involved in an incident on the day in question and was not even in the area. I am absolutely clear on this although the area is only about 15 miles from my home, it was Easter Monday and I know exactly where I was that day. I asked about the incident and was told that my vehicle had reversed into another car outside a shop. There are no shops in the area, it is purely rural farmland (so no CCTV obviously).   The insurance company said they would note my response and send to the claimants insurance company but would need to send an assessor out to take photos of my vehicle for any damage. My vehicle has no damage to the rear but does have a dent to the door from a collision with a deer that I have never done anything about.   My questions are ;   How did the claimant obtain my insurance details ? Does my insurer have to provide me with details of who the claimant is ? Could the dented door cause a problem because I didn't report it ? It is very obvious it is not damage from reversing into someone else. If I had been away on holiday and hadn't responded, would this claim just have been paid without me knowing about it resulting in loss of NCB ?  
    • It doesn’t say FINE anywhere on the documentation.    I don’t have the facility to scan the document, is there something in particular that you need to see? I can explain what is on there.    Thsnks 
    • CASE DISMISSED!!!   Thank you so much for all your help guys! Couldn't have done it without you!!! - donation on it's way (just waiting for some money to come in next week!)   That was pretty nerve wracking, I must say, but once I got into the flow of things, everything went well. Didn't help my nerves that the PRA rep was 30mins late!! Was hard to gauge the judge initially, but once I realised that she was well versed in the legislation and seemed to hold it in high esteem, I felt confident and the nerves dissipated a bit (lucked out there from what I hear from other horror stories!). She pretty much agreed with everything that I had said, and even highlighted things that I had thought about mentioning but didn't in the end, although she wasn't interested in my use of PRA v Mr Segal as it wasn't directly relevant; I knew this, but that wasn't why I was using it! I tried just once to explain my reasoning, but realised that the judge was ultimately for my case and so yielded quickly on that, rather than get her back up!   The best part was when the rep knew that case wasn't going his way, he then reverted to desperate tactics and referred to the fact that I was a day late sending the stuff to PRA and that I hadn't signed their copy; judge was not impressed with this argument at all, simply saying "Well the copy I have here was filed on time and signed". Not that that would have made a difference as by that point I had already explained my case, and she had agreed. She also had a go at them for trying to file the "response statement" without permission and disregarded it (as you thought Andy).   I felt sorry for the rep, decent bloke, very polite, asked if I had any questions for him afterwards, and kept highlighting the fact that he didn't work for PRA; think he knew it was a poor case and that he would have a hard job trying to fight it.   Something he said did concern me a lot though, and that was that he "couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't try again, either by appeal or by another claim".......not sure what this means and where it leaves me!! I questioned him about there being another claim as I don't feel that an appeal would be approved (although it could I guess!) and he seemed to think that they could come after me in a claim for arrears/interest? This threw me and ruined the feeling of joy that I momentarily had! I phoned National DebtLine to get some clarity on this and they seemed to think the same thing! Then I found this online:   "However, according to Late Payment Legislation law (see ext. link 10), a creditor is allowed to charge his debtor an interest fee, if the consumer has late payments and bad debts. I.e. a debt buyer can request an additional interest payment from his debtors as a creditor, and not as a DCA. The same late payment legislation allows such interest collection to begin after a 30-days default period." https://ecollect.co.uk/wiki/debt-collection-uk/   Found similar information on other sites and even on other threads on CAG. I know you said they couldn't add anything Andy, so now I'm confused.com!!! How can they claim for arrears or interest if the debt that said arrears/interest is based on is now deemed unenforceable by a court ruling???!!! That just seems ridiculous and means that this thing will never end!!!!!    
    • Thanks Honeybee   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement - 5/7/19   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 11/7/19   3 Date received 16/7/19   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up   7 Who is the parking company? Northern Parking Services   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] 1 Kings Manor Newcastle NE1 2ST   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE     I do not think there is ANPR at this location but there are photos of the vehicle in a parking space The PCN has a "vehicle observed from"  date..... and time......  "to date..... time.....  
    • Hi,sorry for delay in respnse, just started a new job.   LBA here   Sports Direct 1st June 2019   Dear Sir/Madam, On 26th January 2019 I bought a pair of Phantom VSN in size 11 from Sports Direct Chingford. Please see my details of purchase below. ..... screen grab from bank statement of card payment .... On the 27th June 2019 I was surprised to see that the sole of the right boot had torn open at one of the rear studs, making the boots unusable. Please see picture below. ..... picture of torn sole of boot .... The Consumer Rights Act makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.  I do not feel that an £85 pair of boots should fail after five months of being used for nothing other than their intended purpose. As you are in breach of contract I am rejecting the boots and request that you refund the sum paid to you of approximately £85 which I trust you will be able confirm from your records. I have bought a replacement pair of the same boots from your website on the 28th June 2019 as my son needed boots almost immediately, for that reason please give me a full refund of the original purchase price. I am today returning the faulty boots along with this letter to the Chingford branch of your store. If I do not receive your satisfactory proposals for settlement of my claim within 7 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue a claim against you in the county court without further reference to you. Yours faithfully,   They replied by email to say this ............. Thank you for send your football boots for a further inspection.   I would like to advise you that on inspection it is our belief that the issue is due to wear and tear and not an inherent manufacturing fault. I appears that the stud had been caught on something which has caused it to rip apart from the sole.   Sadly, I am afraid for this reason we are on this occasion unable to offer a replacement or refund for your boots.   I have now returned your boots to you.   Apologies for any disappointment caused. Kind regards, ................ The boots arrived back to me today   I assume I now make a small claims claim?   Thanks Micky  
  • Our picks

leedspete

Lowell claimform - old littlewoods shop direct CAT debt

So do a SAR to littlewoods

Yes SAR always goes to original creditors.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Havent sent sar yet but lowells are now threatening DCA and are calling all day. Is there a need for me to get worried yet

do nothing until or unless you get a PAP letter of claim.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

I have now received a letter stating that my account is now with lowells solicitor and will upload it asap.

Here is the letter sent. Hopefully i have edited it ok

pete 003.pdf

do nothing until or unless you get a PAP letter of claim. from their solicitors.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Pre Action Protocol forms 

Read the following use our forms not theirs and follow the instructions.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406231-the-pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims-is-made-by-the-master-of-the-rolls-as-head-of-civil-justice-1st-oct-2017/

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Am i disputing the debt due to the signature

Interesting to see that they have sold the account after termination, which is correct, but they say nothing about a section 87 default notice.

You still have this you say. If any goods purchased are still within there payment term the DN should not ask for the full amount, just arrears, payment of this would remedy the breach. Worth a look. They cannot terminate if the DN is defective.

A signature is not required in a copy, v unlikely to win an action based on the absence of one of these in any case..

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

did you ever send that SAR to shop direct?

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:30, leedspete said:

Am i disputing the debt due to the signature

I wouldn't put that no.

simply put..

incomplete/unenforceable documentation

Ok I really appreciate the help given. Can i send sar in letter back to lowells or do it separately? 

who has said sar lowells?

dx

This arrived this morning and i need guidance on what to do next

Thanks

output (3).pdf

I am confused was i suppose to send cca request to lowells or creditors.

Hello Leedspete ,

one of the sites admin will answer your question in regards to your CCA .

Nibbles .

• Like 1

topic tidied

have you a copy of what you sent them [the PAP reply form] please

yes ideally you should have sent a new CCA request as the last one was a while ago and I cant see the lowell return PDF on that now its gone

I dont have a copy of the pap form unfortunately. Ok so i will send a new cca request to lowell. Have sent sar request to shop direct as well. 

oh dear you must always keep a copy of anything you send fleecing lying dca's as if this gets to court

who's to know they've not modified it to their advantage..and use it against you..

glad you've finally sent that sar..only been repeatedly asking that since July 16, 2016

you've been here since 2008...you are making far too many schoolboy errors

you MUST start to self help yourself.

not a CCA just info on account

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks dx

So is there anything on the cca that is irregular and that I can challenge 

Sorry to be a bother but is there something I am forgetting to do.

Sent sar request but no response yet from shop direct.

Do I need to resend or not?

Just worried as this will soon be in court apparently

thanks

pete

30 days is not up yet is it?

Got letter to say that I am being taken to court over this debt. Will upload letter later tonight

This letter was delivered to me on Thursday from lowells. Hope i have edited the details from the letter

lowells (1).pdf