ParkingEye ANPR PCN - hidden sign London Road Retail Park, NG31 6EJ **CANCELLED BY Farm Foods**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 20/3/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24/03/2018

3 Date received 27/03/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Unsure as I no longer have the rear of the NTK

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No

7 Who is the parking company? ParkingEye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] London Road Retail Park

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here ~NONE

I Usually drop off my mum in the entrance to the carpark, then reverse out onto the main road.

I return around 90 minutes later to collect her, this time I just swing round in the entrance and pick her up and drive out.

I was unaware the car park was even controlled by a parking company due to insufficient signage. The only sign that services that side of the car park is hidden as shown in the video I made here you**tu.be/8j3Vobl81OE (Remove the **)

Thanks in advance for any help.

NTK.jpg

Ok, this is a common thing and is known as double dipping. If you can show any evidence you were elsewhere between the 2 periods that will destroy their claim.

The insufficient signge evidnce should be saved for later.

It is rare I suggest writing to the parking co from the outset but in this case of you have some evidence of where you were in between times then it will damage their claim beyond salvation so tell us where you went and if that includes passing council CCTV then all the better, you can ask for copies of their video as an SAR but tell us the wheres and whens first so we can give yo a "to do" list. After that you will have a limited time to get the data

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I can't find any evidence for where my car was as it was at home. I checked my cars dash cam but that only holds around 12 hours of footage and so the clip that would have had me dropping off at the entrance would have since been wiped over with recent footage.

I have witnesses to say I was at a school meeting during the time I was supposed to be in the car park but again, that wouldn't prove that my car was left at home.

I have driven the route (less than a mile from car park to home) but have not seen any CCTV or other cameras on the route.

Included is the reminder which I received today, these are clearer copies front and back.

edited_Front Reminder - ParkingEye ANPR PCN - hidden sign London Road Retail Park, NG31 6EJ.pdf

edited_Rear Reminder - ParkingEye ANPR PCN - hidden sign London Road Retail Park, NG31 6EJ.pdf

then you were at a school meeting, that is good enough. The evidence of where you were is belt and braces, the main point is they have a faulty anpr system that they know doesnt work and they still try and chisel money out of people despite this.

I would start off by writing to then and saying that

"there was no parking event at the place concerned, you merely used the curtillage for turning your vehicle about twice on the same day and threfore no contract was ever offered in this respect so no contract has been broken.

You are aware that your camera systems are not fit for purpose in this respect and your so

- called 15 points of quality control always fail to redress this shortcoming.

I have evidence of my vehicle being elsewhere between the 2 times so I suggest that you check with your budget ANPR system to find the other exit and entry times and then cancel your ridiculous claim. I do not expect an apology as no-one else has ever received one and to do so would be an admission of your incompetence and greed."

dont add any details or explanations and dont try and being polite, they dont deserve it, they know their ANPR is junk and they dont check the veracity of their demands before sending them out

Hi,

I also agree with ericsbrother. Parking Eye should cancel this ticket with little or no issue to them but usually they make it worse for themselves and not do the required checks after you challenge them.

Personally, I wouldn't appeal, just a strongly worded letter mentioned above. In fact I would state at the top of the letter, 'This is NOT an appeal'

As well as what has been put above, you could put them on notice that their getting your data was unlawful as no 'offence' had occurred and should they contemplate court action, you will counterclaim for the data breach.

No doubt others will disagree and say to save that for later

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you @ericsbrother and @silverfox1961 for your help and advice.

This morning I went to the car park in question and into Farm Foods, one of 3 shops the carpark services. I asked for the manager and showed him my parking charge/invoice/penalty/notice/fine letter and asked what could be done as I was a frequent shopper there. He said it was out of his hands and I may need to write directly to PE but he would first get my details and give them to Farm Foods customer service to see if head office could help.

10 minutes later my mobile rang and it was head office. (Recording call as advised be this site) A very nice lady asked me a few questions like did I have a receipt from the day in question, the day when I didn't actually use the car park. I said no, but then added that I do frequent their shop sometimes 2 or 3 times in a day to get supplies for my sons school (it's a special needs school so I wasn't lying about helping out the school and my sons cooking classes, just not so much in FF..)

She said she would email PE and give them my details and explain that I was a valued customer (I do spend £40 a week there so thats potentially a 2 grand loss a year if they annoy me) I didn't want PE knowing my name but the woman did seem to know what she was talking about (regular occurrence?)

Anyway, to cut a short story long I got a phone call back a few hours later from Farm Foods (recorded the call as advised), it was the softly spoken woman from earlier, she confirmed the ticket has been cancelled and any future tickets would be too. Does that mean its like the corner of the Monopoly board, FREE PARKING? :D Hopefully if customer service see there is a too common issue they will go to a different method of monitoring the car park..

So, a win for the consumer, although I was kind of hoping to go all the way with it to show my video of the sign being covered by the advertising board but never mind.

Again, thanks for this site and it's helpers, and thanks to FF softly spoken lady, you rock! Well, waltz..

ParkingEye Hidden.pdf

well done.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, that's a quick turnaround! Well done on following your own initiative on this. Hopefully you will get a letter from PE confirming the cancelled ticket. I would save the recorded conversations on at least two devices 'just in case'

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE