Amazon send wrong goods. Police report

childer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I placed an order with Amazon 23/03/18 for canon 6d camera, "delivered" and signed for

26/03/18

On opening the parcel I find a desk lamp, yes a £13 desk lamp which Amazon sell instead of a £1700 camera!

call is made to Amazon who state, will email an affidavit.

This is filled, signed and emailed back to uk-deliveryinvestigation at amazon

Cs reply back and state they will be in contact within 72hrs.

It has now been over 72hrs. So an email is sent out stating:

I have been very patient in waiting for your investigation.

If you can shed some light on the matter before I look into speaking with my bank and starting a Section 75 and bringing in Trading Standards.

They get back with , 'We have fully investigated this matter with the carrier. And if you want us to take another look provide a police report'.

I feel this has nothing to do with the carrier, their carrier Amazon Logistics.

I email again this time for the serial number of camera, they state this would be on the box. They are really funny

I have asked Virgin credit card to step in.

In the meantime has anybody experience this from Amazon? And has anybody any advise?

Kind regards and thank you for reading this post, very much appreciated.

Dan.

p.s.

I order a lot of camera related material from Amazon and have placed 370 orders since 2016. And below is just a bit of Columbo.

The box size the lamp came in was an E6.

Amazon normally send cameras in a E3 box size with 'corrosive materials' sticker.

If I would have noticed the box didn't have the 'corrosives sticker' I wouldn't have signed for the order.

Edited by Andyorch
Dates corrected

Please can you clarify the dates. You say that you ordered the item in 2017 and that it was delivered and signed for in 2016!!!

Who was the seller? Amazon or a third party?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry this is an order placed with Amazon.co.uk. Not a third party purchase.

Thats not what i asked. Who was the seller. Amazon may sell it, but there are also third party sellers that sell items on amazon. Do you have a link to the original listing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You said the order was placed with amazon. Not sold by them. But its all good.

The next complaint would be to either issue a s75 ( give them one more chance to respond if you like), or head to court. But youre gonna need to make sure all your info and evidence is sorted.