DCBL got 2300gdp out of me over a PCM/Gladstones backdoor 2X pcn ccj..help get money back!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. Our current address but we did not receive it, when we mentioned this on the phone the DCBL employee quipped 'blame the post then' - please note this appears to be a more than ongoing problem with a lot of Wits from DCBL Have a look round this website and others and you will soon spot the common denominator. In my view the problem stems from their end as there are far too many failing to be received. The chances are DCBL use a mailing house who print & supposedly send everything out on their behalf. Just because this one has a few relevant dates on it does not mean it was ever sent.

2. 08.03.2018 - we will have to assume this is the date that the Notice of Enforcement was issued. Working on the principle it was send by 2nd Class or cheaper post gives us an assumed date of delivery of probably 3 business days later which seems to take us to 1st day of Compliance being 13 March and just gives time for the 7 Clear Days being as they state on 21/3/18. They are well known for not being economical with any date allowances.

3. 10.01.2018 but Judgement date was 06.03.2018 - until we see otherwise I would hazard a gues that 6/3/18 was the date on which the Writ of Control was granted. The original CCJ dating back to January - again something you never received.

4. He has written on the 'Notice that goods have been removed....' 17.40 but I think it was around 18.30 - that is something you are going to have to find out.

5.I have not yet, I wanted to see if you advised me to, I will send a letter asking them that today. - see below

My thoughts to this at present have not changed since I made a post at the beginning - Post 17. In particular you need to know exactly what goods they were alleging they had Taken Control of - were they of sufficient value to not only cover the cost of the debt but also those of the cost of enforcement & sale. Were the items described accurately - they cannot just write 3 piece suite or 42" TV without further description. Then of course there are that many exempt goods that most households would struggle to have expensive surpluses that could be seized. It very much sounds to me as if he charged the 2nd Enforcement Fee the minute you opened the door.

In my view I would be submitting a SAR to DCBL at the earliest opportunity. Pay the £10 fee by Postal Order.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the advice. I have written a SAR and will send it to DCBL tomorrow, I have also written one for Gladstones requesting all information/correspondence for BOTH addresses. I will include the fee to both.

I have also written a letter to DCBL requesting a breakdown of their fees specifically relevant to our account

I have also written a letter to DCBL requesting a breakdown of their fees specifically relevant to our account

I would hold fire on that until you "receive" your SAR, then we can pick the bones out of it and hopefully turn the screw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Should this not go to the Parking Co?

I just thought that as we had received nothing from Gladstones and they were the solicitors we should get as much info from them and try and piece it all together. Should I also issue them with a SAR then?

you shouldnt be wanting to contact Gladstones at all, you want to get a set aside and then get their clients back in court so you can recovver your costs to boot. Gladstones are just the client mouthpiece and will do nothing to help you and that includes providing information that a court doesnt order them to. Forget them, you go after the parking co and if they want to hire Gladdys again to cost them some more loot that is up to them.

Now you do nothing until you get the info you need via the SAR and then you g for the set aside and than after the aprking co. You do this directly and dont talk to gladstones.. this was said about 5 pages ago but you still arent taking it in. Please read everything carefully and the you will save time and effort.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Follow EB's advice, Gladstones are NOT in the loop end of.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 5 months later...

Good afternoon.

Thank you for your help previously.

We are now in the situation where we have been to court and had the CCJ set aside. The parking company re-sent the package and we agreed to pay the fine as they already had the money.

The parking company came back saying they were not going to take it any further.

We are now in the position of trying to reclaim the £1800 ( after paying the fine) from DCBL.

Please could you advise

a) do we go through the small claims court?

b) Can we include all the expenses e.g, the court fee for the set aside

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Who told you it was a fine??

Do a chargeback

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The fine was for the parking which we have just said ok to. However, DCBL took £2314 because there was a ccj that we did not know about. That has been set aside so as far as we are concerned anything after that parking fine payment should be returned to us.

I do not know what a chargeback is.

I just want that money back in my account

your son transferred the money to your account by bacs transfer

and you paid DCBL by a debit card?

if so..

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473624-Section-75-and-Charge-Back..-gt-Whats-the-difference-and-how-to-utilise-them

it is NOT A FINE

private parking companies cannot issues FINESfor anything... only speculative invoices for supposedly breaking some imaginary contract.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All you need to do is send DCBL a copy of your Set Aside order. As it is Set Aside there was no Judgment, the CCJ will be expunged from your credit file & as they attended as HCEOs who you paid then they must reimburse every last penny as there could never have been a Writ of Control if there was no CCJ.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but now its been set aside so you can.

no need to contact DCBL, I don't think they would ever be interested in giving you it back IMHO.

and even if they did it would take weeks.

chargeback is instant.

however see what others think.

and they

Sar?

and they

An sar is nothing to do with a ccj set aside?????

Anyway are you saying you blindly paid pcm the parking charges as well as the court the set aside fee of £255?

Please no.. ??

Cant see why you cant chargeback dcbl what are they going to do about take him to court..please explain pt?? ...dx

Naughty little schoolboy from the wall here..wrong yet again ..wrong yet again..:-D

and they

the idea of getting a set aside was to reset the clock back to the day when they issued a claim.

At that point no money was owed because they hadnt had their claim tested in court.

Why on earth didnt you come back here and ask people what to do rather than yet again panic and pay m monoey that isnt owed.

(and in that case has already been paid when it wasnt owed)

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I know...:boom::smash::smash::noidea::noidea::sleep::sleep:

and they