• Tweets

• You can always ask for an OOC on the day, but don’t expect it.   my reading of the last sentence is that if you plead not guilty with them expecting a guilty plea, and the case is then adjourned for them to have the staff member attend to give evidence that they’d seek the extra costs involved.   re: the TIC. Is the *** in respect of the fare the single fare or to cover TIC journeys? That will clarify if there are any TIC !
    • Surprisingly they don't mention AT ALL the other times of usage.    It says tfl byelaws bla bla.. Then the last paragraph is "An application will be made in court for a *** contribution towards the costs of TFL. There will also be an application of *** in respect of the fare avoided. Further costs may be incurred if additional docs are required or the matter is not resolved at the earliest opportunity".    The last sentence is interesting. Leaving it open to an OOC on the day? 
    • On the fiat it should be around 4-5 years so certainly due. It could already have been done and if offered with a full service history it should be noted.  I would get it done if there is no evidence. Expect about £500 from a dealer or £300 from an indi  check the service book. They normally show when it need to be done mileage/time
    • no don't call them. you say they DONT mention at all the other times of usage? usually it will say byelaw bla bla  and in the statement say and XXX other times counted to [no.] being TIC if you plead guity and attend which you MUST do
    • Thank you for clearing that up BazzaS.   I am under the assumption that the other offences are TIC given the fact that I admitted the period of use (5 months) in my first letter which gave my explanation of events. In response to my first letter, they decided to prosecute me for the single offence (under the byelaws).    I will call them to double check on this though.     
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Pearlyj

Backdoor IND/Welcome Finance/ CCJ found after getting an interim third party debt order***Settled***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 427 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i don't think he will see any of it himself unless its prior 2005 take out

it will be handled by the FSCS and paid off the debt.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

i don't think he will see any of it himself unless its prior 2005 take out

it will be handled by the FSCS and paid off the debt.

How will that work if we settle

well settling still leaves the outstanding debt as the DCA bought it for peanuts

takeout date is the important thing here

https://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover/questions-and-answers/qas-for-welcome-financial-hn0qripj/#question2

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

So are you saying that if we settle with IND then any PPI back would go to Welcome as they sold it cheap

Ive had a read of the link but its going over my head Im afraid

no not necessarily...I've said it twice now..

takeout date is the important thing here

go read that link.

wont goto welcome no - it will go off the debt

Im sorry I dont understand what I am supposed to be reading

how will it go off the debt if we pay a full and final settlement, doesn't that mean the debt is paid

Reposted as it was too late to edit the post above

Im sorry I dont understand what I am supposed to be reading, do we need to establish if its pre or after 2005

How will it go off the debt if we pay a full and final settlement, doesn't that mean the debt is paid and if so where would the claimed money go

link in post 103

The loan was taken out after 2005. Is this what Im looking for

If your claim relates to a policy sold before 14 January 2005, you should contact the firm directly and it will process your claim. If you also have a claim relating to a policy sold by the firm on or after 14 January 2005, you will need to contact the FSCS customer services team on 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.

So we claim from Welcome so what do they do with any monies owing, they no longer own the debt so do they pay us or keep it to make up the shortfall of what they lost on the sale of the debt

Despite reading it it still doesn't mean anything to me Im afraid

point 9 there

it might be an idea to ring the fscs and ask what would happen to any reclaim if you've settled the outstanding debt that's been sold to a dca

I will do that, no point doing it just to give it to them.

Many thanks

well there is it could wipe out the balance you owe

I think this is where Im getting confused

If we settle with the DCA do we still owe money to Welcome

I thought that would be that

why settle setup a low payment then IF you get the PPI money it will clear/reduce the balance a win win as it nulls their claim

how much was the org loan for do you remember?

Not sure how much it was TBH. We will try and find out

I will let him think about the alternative action he could take

If he decides to go with a settlement figure I am assuming then that any rebates will be his as the debt will be settled (will ring as you suggested to find out)

Many thanks

Update

IND settled on 50% so he has gone with that

We rang the FSCS and they confirmed that any claimed charges from welcome will now go to him as the debt is settled.

I would like to thank you both for all your help and advice on this.

All the best

you mean ppi not charges

So you managed to get it close to the 2K mark and stopped the TPDO and resolved the issue.

I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome Pearlyj ...well done.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks Andy

Couldn't have managed it without CAG