Witchhunted at work, boss is changing the allegations as i am innocent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started working for the local authority under a year ago, my employment record is excellent, no absence or lateness and great feedback in first 6 months, signed off.

There is 5 of us in our department, 3 males 1 other female.

The female is married to one of the males.

I have had nothing but grief and complaints from this female work colleague in the same position as myself.

I have told my manager at every monthly meeting she is difficult to get along with, my manager said

"We, had a discussion whether bringing another female into the team would change the group dynamics".

This female has been the only female for over 7 years.

I have been very enthusiastic and work hard but she is lazy and I believe she thinks I may be showing her up.

I was signed off in November after 6 months and had a tidy up of the office and data.

This female reported me in December for not reporting an incident, (there was nothing to report).

I have been under investigation for the past 4 months, today I received a letter telling me another allegation has been raised in the course of the investigation and it will be going to a disciplinary panel. No mention of the 2 original allegations as they have not been able to prove any wrong doing on my part. My manager keeps changing the points of the investigation.

First it was failing to report, second it was person may have suffered injury, then it was not written in the log properly.

No the new allegation is falsifying a critical document.

What can I do, I have the union backing me but I am still worried as it seems they are determind to get me out of the company.

The female colleague that has made complaints about me, her husband trained me and is an asset as he performs a lot on computer repairs for my manager for free. I believe this has turned into a witch hunt, what can I do to stop myself losing my job?.

I have done no wrong.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Please will you space and punctuate your post more clearly. It's very difficult to read a solid block of text.

I gather that you have been working at the authority for less than 12 months. This means that you do not enjoy statutory employment protection so you are in a difficult position.

Whatever happens, you should start keeping a very detailed log of every incident and every conversation. Keep it at home and keep it up-to-date.

I expect that somebody else will visit this thread and give you better advice than I can so monitor the thread.

Thinking others have ulterior motives is one thing, but you mustn't voice this opinion; it will not help your case. You are an outsider in an established work group and if you want to get along, nodding and smiling tends to be the way to go until you have built up relationships.

I would stick to fcats; look at the resuts of the investigation, point out inaccuracies. Make sure you have your rep with you.

Stay away from "why" people may be "out to get you". Pay close attention to the detail of what is said.

Losing your job over minor paperwork on a first offence would be unusual. Is it a minor report/error under consideration?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You appear to have support of your Union -for now, so follow their advice.

Workplace relationships can be fraught, as we all expect people around us may have ulterior motives.

In Nature, it is called establishing the 'pecking order'.

Your situation is not that unusual.

Thinking others have ulterior motives is one thing, but you mustn't voice this opinion; it will not help your case. You are an outsider in an established work group and if you want to get along, nodding and smiling tends to be the way to go until you have built up relationships.

I would stick to fcats; look at the resuts of the investigation, point out inaccuracies. Make sure you have your rep with you.

Stay away from "why" people may be "out to get you". Pay close attention to the detail of what is said.

Losing your job over minor paperwork on a first offence would be unusual. Is it a minor report/error under consideration?

Yes it is minor and as they have not been successful in the other 2 allegations of misconduct they are trying for a new allegation, I definitely feel like the outsider, thanks for your feedback

Edited by Witchhunted

You appear to have support of your Union -for now, so follow their advice.

Workplace relationships can be fraught, as we all expect people around us may have ulterior motives.

In Nature, it is called establishing the 'pecking order'.

Your situation is not that unusual.

Yes my Union Rep have been great and very supportive, he is also struggling to understand why they are doing this and trying so hard to discipline me for something I have not done.

Being local government the whole process will be drawn out but that is no bad thing as you wont be booted out on a snap decision, esp if the union is confident that this is all about nothing. Consider looking at vacancies withn the organisation, they tend to appear on a regular basis and if one does then apply and get yourself out of that envirnment.

It may be that the dynamics of the working relationship between the husband and wife has changed and is spilling over into their home life so in one of them's mind something must change.

Are the "incidents" H&S office related things or are they things reported into the office from elsewhere? Ie, f someone tripped on a cable and no injury or damage caused then many organisations would feel that there is nothing to report whereas other individuals would consider that is the most dangerous thing that could have led to seriosu injury etc and will bang on about it. If external then was it a non event or a non actionable event. Again, people will see this differently.

Genrally if one was doing a safety audit you would mention the trip hazard but it wouldnt be considered an injury and may not be a dangerous occurrence depending on what was being done a the time (cable across walkway dangerous, trip over cable behind desk whist retrieving dropped pencil wouldnt be).

However not reporting still wouldnt be a sacking offence

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Being local government the whole process will be drawn out but that is no bad thing as you wont be booted out on a snap decision, esp if the union is confident that this is all about nothing. Consider looking at vacancies withn the organisation, they tend to appear on a regular basis and if one does then apply and get yourself out of that envirnment.

It may be that the dynamics of the working relationship between the husband and wife has changed and is spilling over into their home life so in one of them's mind something must change.

Are the "incidents" H&S office related things or are they things reported into the office from elsewhere? Ie, f someone tripped on a cable and no injury or damage caused then many organisations would feel that there is nothing to report whereas other individuals would consider that is the most dangerous thing that could have led to seriosu injury etc and will bang on about it. If external then was it a non event or a non actionable event. Again, people will see this differently.

Genrally if one was doing a safety audit you would mention the trip hazard but it wouldnt be considered an injury and may not be a dangerous occurrence depending on what was being done a the time (cable across walkway dangerous, trip over cable behind desk whist retrieving dropped pencil wouldnt be).

However not reporting still wouldnt be a sacking offence

It was something seen externally but not reported, but reported in log, so they have decided their was nothing to report but have now added another allegation of falsifying the report which is ludicrous. No reason to falsify anything the whole event was a non starter. The original allegations were failing to report and failure in public safety, now they agree there was nothing to report in the first place but have decided The way I wrote it in the log was lying. The female colleague I work with put the original complaint in against me. Your right I need to get out of that environment. I think they are trying to justify having me under investigation for so long so have to be seen to get me on something.

Edited by Witchhunted

Send a bunch of roses to the woman anonymously and you will see that the attention will immediately switch away from you.

Then you can calmly look for another position.

Husband and wife in same office ALWAYS ends in tears.

Send a bunch of roses to the woman anonymously and you will see that the attention will immediately switch away from you.

I almost never agree with king but this would be hilarious. Needs a mate at a safe distance like Australia to send the flowers tho ...

However, in reality, I'd just find another position.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

That’s brilliant. I have tried to get along with her, even bought her pandora earings for secret Santa, trying hard to fit in, I feel stupid now I know it’s her trying to slander me.

I almost never agree with king but this would be hilarious. Needs a mate at a safe distance like Australia to send the flowers tho ...

However, in reality, I'd just find another position.

Been on the job hunt all day but need to prove my innocence first, as I have a great work record and don’t want it ruined.

Been on the job hunt all day but need to prove my innocence first, as I have a great work record and don’t want it ruined.

It doesn't sound like the have an major infractions in mind, just a minor ticking off if indeed anything. I wouldn't let that stop you getting on with being happy elsewhere.

It doesn't sound like the have an major infractions in mind, just a minor ticking off if indeed anything. I wouldn't let that stop you getting on with being happy elsewhere.

It really feels like my manager is out to get me, if she can’t get me on one thing she will get me on another. This new allegation is minor but could be made out to be something it’s not. The way it is worded is scary. I almost want to stay to spite her but would be so unhappy.

It really feels like my manager is out to get me, if she can’t get me on one thing she will get me on another. This new allegation is minor but could be made out to be something it’s not. The way it is worded is scary. I almost want to stay to spite her but would be so unhappy.

The best revenge is living well.