Australian citizen and PIP

blackknight
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for reading.

I am a 61 year old male and have been in this country for 55 years.

My parents bought me to the UK, I kept my Australian passport as it was easier to visit Australia with my Family and the kids can get dual nationality if wanted.

I spent 9 years in the British army and have always lived in the UK and always worked and paid Tax and ni.

I have been on DLA for the last 5 years and am receiving my army pension since I turned 60 from the DWP (same people that do DLA and PIP)

I have been applying for PIP and they want paperwork on my rights to stay in the UK.

I was only 6 when arrived in the country and both parents died 10 years ago.

the only proof I have is a stamp in a 40 year old passport that gives me the right to remain in the uk indefinitely.

I have used this passport every time I have been abroad (100 times) and not had any problems.

Does anyone have an idea how to get round this.

Tony

This is all because of legislation that was introduced in 2014, because some newspapers were moaning about foreigners claiming UK benefits.

Perhaps the Home Office can confirm your rights to stay in the UK indefinitely and then you can show evidence of being habitually resident in the UK. They might also ask whether you have been outside of the UK on a trip lasting more than 4 weeks during the last 2 years.

The other point is that if you are already getting benefits, then give them full details. If they confirm the details held within the Government central information system, then it should be the case of running through an application to check entitlement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread