Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Australian citizen and PIP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 670 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



Thanks for reading.


I am a 61 year old male and have been in this country for 55 years.

My parents bought me to the UK, I kept my Australian passport as it was easier to visit Australia with my Family and the kids can get dual nationality if wanted.

I spent 9 years in the British army and have always lived in the UK and always worked and paid Tax and ni.

I have been on DLA for the last 5 years and am receiving my army pension since I turned 60 from the DWP (same people that do DLA and PIP)


I have been applying for PIP and they want paperwork on my rights to stay in the UK.

I was only 6 when arrived in the country and both parents died 10 years ago.


the only proof I have is a stamp in a 40 year old passport that gives me the right to remain in the uk indefinitely.

I have used this passport every time I have been abroad (100 times) and not had any problems.

Does anyone have an idea how to get round this.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all because of legislation that was introduced in 2014, because some newspapers were moaning about foreigners claiming UK benefits.


Perhaps the Home Office can confirm your rights to stay in the UK indefinitely and then you can show evidence of being habitually resident in the UK. They might also ask whether you have been outside of the UK on a trip lasting more than 4 weeks during the last 2 years.


The other point is that if you are already getting benefits, then give them full details. If they confirm the details held within the Government central information system, then it should be the case of running through an application to check entitlement.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...