ESA Assessment

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have just received my ESA50 again after succesfully appealing and getting put in the SG 2 years ago.

I've dug out all the paperwork from that time and have just found the DMs old scoresheet.

In that I was awarded 9 points for Sitting and Standing, 6 points for Incontinence and 9 points for Coping with Changes, and I was reawarded ESA but moved from the SG to the WRAG.

I thought that if you scored 15 points or more in any of the two different sections then you were placed in the SG,

I understand that the Coping with Changes would be under the Mental Health part and so wouldn't count with the other two descriptors but surely the other two (which total 15 points) would have meant a SG placement.

On to this new form now,

I should be able to work out where I went wrong filling in the form last time but in the time that has elapsed I haven't had a need to visit my GP as nothing has physically changed so would it just be a case of including all the original letters and info as before, and obviously the decision letter from the Tribunal which found in my favour.

Looking further ahead, cos I know what will happen.

Mandatory Redetermination

, are you obliged to go through things over the phone with them ?

I ask because I foolishly did last time and when it came to the appeal,

the DM had made a written statement and completely twisted my words,

as far as making me out a liar.

Thanks for any advice.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to score 15 points to get any ESA. It's only certain descriptors (or if your condition is terminal) that you get SG.

Thanks Nystagmite, so you need to be awarded 15 points for any of the 'certain' criteria alone to be considered for the SG, regardless of the rest of the form ?

You need to be awarded 15 points on 1 support group descriptor alone you should google support group descriptors to see if you meet any of them.

Also there are special regulations to get in support group but the tories have changed the rules on them to stop as many people as they can getting placed in support group.

You need to be awarded 15 points on 1 support group descriptor alone you should google support group descriptors to see if you meet any of them.

Also there are special regulations to get in support group but the tories have changed the rules on them to stop as many people as they can getting placed in support group.

Thanks carly123, hopefully by using my last one and wording the ones I scored points on more specifically I should at least stand a chance. Like you said about them changing the rules, it seems they study the criteria where people are scoring points most and then change those to suit their agenda.

Best of luck, just sent my ESA50 back - took me 10 minutes to fill in, total waste of time as they totally disregard anxiety and depression so I know I am on ZERO points. Not wasting time with it, system stinks. I will bechucked off ESA and moved from full allowance HB and ESA to UC and a shared room rate element meaning I lose around £100pm meaning I cannot pay my rent making my A&D worse.

• 6 months later...

Just a quick general opinion wanted of more knowledgeable people.

I am in the support group of ESA (after going through the tribunal system) and last year I got a form to fill in and had to send it back mid September.

I then got a reply in February saying I had to go for an assessment beginning of March,

in the meantime I got a letter from my doctors saying they had got a form from DWP asking for information about my conditions, and could I make an appointment to assist them.

To cut a long story short, I had to call ATOS to rearrange the appointment, because I couldn't get an appointment at the doctors for 3 weeks, which they were happy enough with.

then a week before my due assessment I got a letter from ATOS saying I no longer need to attend my assessment as it has been cancelled.

does this mean that I will remain in the Support Group, as I have heard nothing from DWP as of yet, can they put you from Support Group to WRAG without an assessment ?

And a week later I have heard nothing from DWP.

Thoughts anyone.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

From your post it seems you probably didn't add any or enough recent supporting medical evidence or up to date information at the outset with your form, generally this gets you put into the assessment pile.

Meanwhile you have visited your GP to go over the form they received, GP surgery either faxed or posted back to ATOS, and with the further or new evidence ATOS have decided they

No longer need to assess you and have put through a recommendation regarding your ESA reclaim to DWP. Its with a decision maker and they will inform you when they decide.

Yes its possible to be moved to WRAG, but if there was doubt you probably would have been assessed.

I would expect you to receive a letter very soon from DWP, give it a few weeks! ATOS don't make the decision on your claim.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi once again,

Quick update.

So after having my assessment cancelled, I have now received confirmation from DWP that I meet the criteria for the support group. No mention of when I will or could be reassessed.

I would ideally like a copy of what the DM used to come to that conclusion, ie the doctors evidence, yet in the letter it only goes on about appealing if you think they are wrong.

I know they are right but how would I get the info they have used to come to that decision.

Thanks.

Hi

Ask them for a copy of the ESA85 or you could also send DWP a SAR: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406188-DWP-Subject-Access-Request-From-(SAR)-**Updated-March-2014**

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group