• Tweets

• Why don't you actually READ the sellers advert before talking tosh. The seller's advert offers an optional  12 months breakdown warranty cover,  warranties generally do not cover anything related to wear and tear and especially everything on an old banger will be excluded.  OP should have studied the terms of any such warranty before purchasing it, if he did purchase it.     Also, the sellers advert at NO point states the car has NO faults. READ the sellers advert before jumping to huge conclusions. 
    • The BBC isn't a private company and it's this kind of misinformation that encourages people to avoid the license fee.
    • How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
stephenXL

PC World Issue software download failure **Refunded after CEO Email sent**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 445 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an issue with PCworld regards an on-line purchase for downloadable Adobe software on the 15th March.

Having seen no download for over a week £75:00p worse off.

Spoken to customer services at length, twice, without any results.

Tried to email their CEO from ceomail details.

email simply pings back.

Does anyone have PCworld/Currys/Dixons up to date ceo email address please?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Should be sebastian.james@dixons carphone.com without any spaces :thumb:

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

Thanks Dragonfly,

I'll resend the email to the pcworld ceo.

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Seb James stood down... Not sure when new chaps in

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Whoever is the Ceo, sending the email to Mr James certainly got the greyhounds out of the traps very smartly.

Had a phone call on Sunday morning.

Followed by two phone calls Monday morning, order cancelled and refund authorised.

Three calls today, from the same lady who called on Sunday First two I was to busy to take.

Third call resulted in lots of apologies and a very reasonable offer of some financial redress by way of vouchers towards any future purchases from PCWorld/Currys.

All calls were recorded btw.

Not been able to post here until now.

Thanks to CAG, another successful outcome.

let us know when you get the refund

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Refund just dropped into my account 10 minutes ago via PayPal

hey GREAT result

glad CAG could help.

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here