• Tweets

• Firstly please would you space and punctuate your posts in a way that makes it easier for people to read. When you post a solid block of text it discourages people. You can see that I have rearrange your post above and you can compare it with what I have copied from your original. T came at have a responsibility to ensure that anything you order is delivered to you. I think you are entitled to some evidence that it was left down the side passage. Who's the courier? You tell us that the courier has indicated that you have previously agreed to items being left in the side passage. Is this correct? Have you given them blanket approval or have you indicated an approval for particular items? Would it not be normal for items of this value to be signed for? In addition to addressing the questions I have put you above, please will you read our customer services guide and implement the advice there for any future phone calls you have with this company. I'm especially interested to know whether they would normally ask for a signature when parcels are delivered. I'm not sure that the fact that the delivery occurred more quickly than you expected is especially relevant.   How did you pay for it by the way?
    • Ok. should I drop the whole penalty thing in defence and just rely on not getting the notice to keeper - I am 70% sure they didn't issue it as I was back at the previous address but they can lie they did / show a document I never got and then it will take longer with the hearing....   well then will have to rely on abuse of process and signage. I wasn't going to submit the image of the sign "conveying the contract" as it clearly wasn't visible from driver's position.
    • The learning continues (well I think I'm learning!)...   I hadn't noticed that you can view your PCN on NPS' website. Strangely, the one for my other half seems quite different to how I remember it but I'm unreliable!   What I DO find interesting is that they're trying to do her for returning within the prohibited period - not overstaying! Apparently she clocked in first at 11:06, out at 11:45 then in again at 12:37 (a whole 8 minutes too early!) and out again at 12:53 - a total of only 55 minutes parking - and clearly nowhere near the allowed 90 minutes.   Once again, I'm not sure what - if any - bearing this has on things other than seeming now spectacularly petty and even opportunist!   Comments anyone? PCN J.pdf
    • what im trying to point out is that by using those two words fine and penalty after all your research your mindset is still not quite in the right box..   it cant be either, it was a speculative invoice issued by a private company for breaking some kind of imaginary contract you signed upto by entering a privately owned area .        
    • I placed an order with TK Maxx on 7/11/19 to the value of £170.   I went away for the weekend the following day to look after my grandchildren. When I returned home on 11/11/19 I found a card through my door from dpd saying “in side passage”. I checked but nothing was there.   The following day I emailed and phoned TK Maxx and explained what had happened. I mentioned that I was very surprised that an order that I had placed on the Thursday had been delivered the following day given their website says ‘up to 5 working days’.   The member of staff promised to contact the courier company and get back to me. Nothing happened-   I sent three chasing up emails and this morning spoke to someone on the phone. Basically she said there was nothing she could do about it.   The courier company had said they had left parcels there before and I had indicated that they could do so.   I asked to speak to someone else about this as I was obviously very unhappy to lose £170 and very dissatisfied with their response. The woman said there was no one else I could speak to and they would tell me what she had. I am so upset about this - and her attitude - the grudging admittance that someone should have been back in touch with me.   Quite clearly couldn’t care at all. Is there anything   I can do? Any advice gratefully received!
  • Our picks

Annonymum

BW/Lowell cat Debt scotland

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 605 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I’m hoping I can get some advice from all you knowledgable people on here.

We have a few debts which have ran up but this one that’s raised its head was originally a Simply Be account which was passed over to Lowell.

Had the usual threatograms from them and now it’s been transferred to BW Legal. They sent a couple of letters and now have passed it to BW Scotland.

The letter today says full payment or contact required by 5th April or they may start court proceedings.

Now I have looked into this and I can see lots of cases where they have gone for court action, but those letters seem to be worded differently to this one.

As it says we may issue proceedings not we will.

Is this something I need to worry about or should I just keep ignoring for now?

I don’t want to contact them as I’m very easily bullied by them and end up agreeing to things I can’t afford. Hence always being in trouble!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Retitled and moved to Scottish forum

Last payment date?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you for moving for me. I’m not sure exactly, but would guess at at least 1 year since we paid it. We stopped when my husbands work went into administration and he was made redundancy with no pay. That was 3 years ago and I’m sure we struggled for a while and then had to stop paying.

How much

Is this on your credit file?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Yes it’s on credit file. Just had a look and last registered payment was Nov 16. It’s for £1.2k, can’t see a default date on clearscore but must be after Nov 16 anyway.

Just had a look at the letter again and it’s titled letter of claim, but all says may rather than will, so hoping that makes the difference.

The account was opened and ran online, no physical signatures have been made by me on the account.

is it a pre action protocol letter of claim?

spreadsheets 

read it properly... DOES NOT SAY WILL anywhere...

spreadsheets 

Ok, so is this just another scare tactic? Was just worried as I’d read online that BW always go for legal action. Thank you for all your advice :)

Just remember

a DCA or their fake/tame solicitors

are

NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO LEGAL POWERS..

all they can do is the same as you or I if we think someone owes us money

issue a claimform

spreadsheets 

Thank you Dx100uk, I managed to sleep a bit more soundly last night.

If they do go for a claim form, do I lose the chance to pay in instalments, as I can’t afford to pay it in one go, or else I would.

Sorry for sounding so stupid about this, I thought we had sorted nearly everything and then this happened.

These letters always scare me!

even if you get a decree you can still pay in instalments yes

let it run

spreadsheets