Is there any reason that I shouldn't do this?

aconsumer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

We recently sent the prelim letter to Capital One; then had a letter back telling us that they would pay us back a percentage of the charges etc etc etc.

As it stands the account has been sent to a DCA and there are just over £400 of charges to be claimed for. After working it all out it looks like we spent something like (for example) £500 on the card and paid back £495-the rest is charges.

Is there any reason you can think of that we can't respond to their letter saying that we will pay what we've spent (i.e. we owe them a fiver), clear the default and we both walk away :smile:

Be grateful for any advice.

Send a letter accepting the paymemnt as part of your claim only and you will continue with your calim , I myslef and many others on here have had numerouse cheques as we have gone through the staegs.

Ive just done MCOL and ive recieved 3 cheques to date.:rolleyes:

Your claim for charges is not disturbed by the DCA you are cliaming what is yours and was taken unlawfully Cap one.

If this gets to you making a claim, Which it normally does with cap one.

It could benefit you as you will add 8% the further back the charges go the more money you will egt on interest, which in turn will help you clear the amount you did spend. Teh default was made against the money they deducted unlawfully part of yoru agreement when they offer to settle is they remove the defualt you dont settle untill they do.

Send a CCA request for your agreement to the DCA and that will put your account in dispute for a while. Nothing can be actioned by anyone if its in dispute.

Good Luck.

BL:)