Without Prejudice documents in claimant bundle without my permission

Isiris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in court on Monday for a CCJ claim against me.

I have only just noticed that in the other sides witness statement they have listed a proposed payment agreement by me which was sent Without Prejudice.

Its too late now I know but should I raise this matter immediately with the judge or wait for the other side to use it in evidence. Obvioulsy the judge has read the witness statement now.

TIA

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I think you need to give us a lot more detail about this.

Also tell us more about this without prejudice agreement.

I agreed to pay X Y Z on certain dates where it would clear a balance on an account.

We then became aware that the contract was in a non existent entity (Someone trading as) when this entity never existed. This, in our opinion, was so they did not claim against a Limited Company. There was no contract agreeing any payments, just an order form.

Hope that helps.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

"Without prejudice" may be used by parties who are discussing or corresponding about an existing dispute, whether or not Court proceedings have already been issued. However, it must be noted that a communication can only be "without prejudice" where the following conditions are satisfied:

There must be an existing dispute between the parties; and

The communication must contain a genuine attempt to settle the dispute. If communications are expressed to be "without prejudice", provided that they are a genuine attempt to settle, they cannot later be relied upon in Court proceedings if the attempt to settle fails.

Without Prejudice Save As To Costs

The "without prejudice save as to costs" rule extends the basic "without prejudice" rule. It maintains the same privilege but, should the matter go to Court, the parties can disclose communications when the Court comes to decide the issue of costs.

This means that the communications remain privileged until after the matter has been settled or decided by the judge. Therefore the parties can negotiate freely without fear that any admissions will be used against them in Court until the judge has decided the main points.

If communications are expressed to be "without prejudice", provided that they are a genuine attempt to settle, they cannot later be relied upon in Court proceedings if the attempt to settle fails.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

So I should make the judge aware at the onset that the information in the witness statement is from a without prejudice discussion

Yes if it was a genuine attempt to settle the dispute.....possibly consider submitting a supplemental witness statement to refute it if they have actually referred to it within their statement...or is it just a listed document?

Listed documents within their disclosures are not necessarily evidence considered if there is no reference to it within the statement?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Without Prejudice documents in claimant bundle without my permission