style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a balance from last years council tax which I had been paying Bristow and Sutor on an arrangement but I have missed a few weeks.

I have paid about half the debt.

Had a call saying full balance due, I explained I cant but no joy really.

I called the council and their balance differs by about £200 so I assume its fees.

I offered to pay council direct and they said they will accept payment but B&S own the debt.

Council cant agree an arrangement.

What can I do to stop B&S coming out to the property and do I have to pay their fees?

I fully intend to pay what I owe, just a bit stuck for cash.

I did tell B&S guy that I wont deal with anyone sent to the house.

Any advice appreciated

have they already in the past sent you a notice of enforcement with the £75 fee

and latterly attended levying the further £235 enforcement fee too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a balance from last years council tax which I had been paying Bristow and Sutor on an arrangement but I have missed a few weeks. I have paid about half the debt.

Had a call saying full balance due, I explained I cant but no joy really. I called the council and their balance differs by about £200 so I assume its fees.

I offered to pay council direct and they said they will accept payment but B&S own the debt. Council cant agree an arrangement.

What can I do to stop B&S coming out to the property and do I have to pay their fees?

I fully intend to pay what I owe, just a bit stuck for cash.

I did tell B&S guy that I wont deal with anyone sent to the house.

Any advice appreciated

How much was the debt when you agreed a payment arrangement with Bristow & Sutor?

I am assuming that your repayment agreement is weekly based? How many weekly payments have you missed?

Has a visit ever been made to your premises?

As you have defaulted, any agreement entered into would be cancelled and the balance becomes payable. In the event of default, the enforcement agent is entitled to attend your premises for the purpose of 'taking control' of your goods.

At the time of the visit, an 'enforcement fee' of £235 is charged. It doesn't matter whether you 'deal with' the bailiff when he attends or not. The enforcement fee is still chargeable and depending on how much you have so far paid to Bristowe & Sutor, a proportion of this fee can be deducted by them.

Paying the council direct will not mean that you will avoid paying bailiff fees. The Compliance fee (of £75) is a first charge on any payment made and that sum would have been deducted from your initial payment (assuming of course that your payment was £75 or over).

PS: If you own a vehicle and it is parked outside of your home, it is at risk of being taken into control by the enforcement agent.

was I right then...:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry for the late response, been at work.

How much was the debt when you agreed a payment arrangement with Bristow & Sutor? approx £1200

I am assuming that your repayment agreement is weekly based? Yes

How many weekly payments have you missed? 4

Has a visit ever been made to your premises? Yes, once, no mention of fee, just set up a new arrangement, took less than 3 minutes. All conducted on the street.

When I spoke to B&S the chap said the arrangement had been cancelled, but I logged in and it was still there just showing arrears, so I made a payment, If the charges are valid then I will just have to pay it, just want to stop them coming to the house

Edited by dx100uk
format

Sorry for the late response, been at work.

How much was the debt when you agreed a payment arrangement with Bristow & Sutor? approx £1200

I am assuming that your repayment agreement is weekly based? Yes

How many weekly payments have you missed? 4

Has a visit ever been made to your premises? Yes, once, no mention of fee, just set up a new arrangement, took less than 3 minutes. All conducted on the street.

When I spoke to B&S the chap said the arrangement had been cancelled, but I logged in and it was still there just showing arrears, so I made a payment, If the charges are valid then I will just have to pay it, just want to stop them coming to the house

You mention above that a NEW arrangement had been set up during a visit to your property. I am assuming that this visit (you have not mentioned when this was), had taken place as you had either not paid or defaulted on a previous payment arrangement. That visit would have incurred a £235 enforcement fee. If any further visits are made, no further fees can be added (unless steps are taken to remove goods....usually a vehicle).

This still does not explain the £200 discrepancy mentioned in your initial post. If you call the council, they should be able to view B&S's account history and let you know the exact amount of fees that have been added to your account.