Euro car parks, Bolton Shopping Park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello (I'm new here!)

can anyone please tell me whether this was successfully overturned?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?472401-Euro-car-parks-PCN-Trinity-Street-Bolton-BL3-6DH.&p=5107713#post5107713

I have had a letter from the same place, for the exact same reason.

I have stupidly left it until what I thought was the day before two weeks since the letter arrived

(but i now see is the day AFTER the 2-week deadline date specified on the letter. DOH! I am currently off work with mental health issues, which is not helping!)

Have not had one of these for a long time (had one on Middlebrook, when I was on yellow lines outside a shop whilst collecting a balloon display on a windy day! Just sat tight and ignored- but I understand the advice now is to not do that) and am very anxious!

Thank you

TWrecksX

Edited by Tyrannosaurus Wrecks
mistake

Name of the Claimant ? Euro car parks

Date of issue – 06.03.2018

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? your vehicle was parked longer than the maximum period allowed

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? NO

Hello folks

I received a PCN for £70/ £40 for parking at Bolton Retail Park.

Like previous posters, I parked initially at Sainbury's (where I browsed clothing and home wares) before moving the car to the other car park to visit TK Maxx and Home Bargains. I did not realise the time restrictions (3 hours free) applied to the entire space, as the two parks are separated by a roundabout and what appears to be a road. (Also, 3 hours for ALL those shops?- there are several others on the retail park).

I spent about £70- and a very long time!- in TK Maxx, and a smaller amount (didn't keep the receipt as it was all food items!) in Home Bargains.

I am currently signed off work with anxiety and stress (partly explains why I spent quite so long in TK Maxx- agonising over silly decisions), and this has really not helped! Especially when I realised, just now, that I have missed the 14-day deadline (which I thought was from the day of receipt, which would be tomorrow, but on the letter it says it was yesterday. Argh!)

I emailed the head of Sainsbury's and have not had any response at all.

I read on previous threads to write demanding full, date-stamped photos of the entry/exit ANPR.

I was wondering whether this had worked?

I can't afford to pay £70 at this time (though I have considered returning all I bought in TK Maxx- including birthday presents for my mum)

Thanks in anticipation of your help/advice

TWrecks

OK. Firstly, don't worry about it too much. They can "demand" whatever they like, but that doesn't mean that they'll be getting it or even that you actually owe them any money at all.

Can you scan in, cover any personal information, vehicle registration, PCN, Bar and/or QR codes and then upload whatever you've received in PDF format please so that we can take a look.

Also, if you're local, can you get back down there and take pictures of all of the signage in the car park and at the entrance to the car park as you drive in off the public road.

We can usually spot where they've failed to do things correctly and thereby have scuppered their own chances of actually being able to 'claim' anything from you.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Is it a claim you refer to in your post, or a Notice to keeper through the door?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

doing nothing so far is the best thing yo could have done.

Now we need to have all of the information about the waht and when so how did you get the notice (through the post presumably) the date it arrived and so on.

We wil need to see the signage at the car park and also the blurb on any associated ticket machines.

If there are differetly worded signs then we need to see all of the different types.

Take a picture of the entrance to the land from the public highway even if their isnt a sign there

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Date of the infringement 28.2.2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

3 Date received 08.03.2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes- but only number plate visible

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] NO- have (hand) written to request full photographic evidence, without divulging any info re driver etc

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Not yet

7 Who is the parking company? Euro car parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Bolton Retail Park, Bolton

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here NONE

The NTK arrived by post.

I thought the two car parks (one outside Sainsbury's, then you cross over a roundabout to the other side, for a number of large stores) were separate.

The sign says 3 hours free parking- which I hadn't, there is no option to pay.

I parked at Sainsbury's, and browsed the shop for a while, before moving to the other side, and spent a long time in TK Maxx (I have a receipt for about £70- I couldn't decide about items I was trying to buy for gifts) and Home Bargains (I threw away the receipt as I'd only bought food items and bird feed).

Sorry, my husband broke his phone so we have had no camera.

As I said, I am currently struggling with stress/anxiety/depression, and finding it hard to get my act together and get stuff done.

orry for the delay.

Thank you for your support- your kindness has really helped!!

TW

I will have to drive into town to get photos of the signage.

It says 3 hours free parking, but appears to be 2 separate car parks.

I parked on the Sainsbury's side, and browed the store for a while, before crossing the roundabout- and what appears to be a public highway road, and parking at the other side, where there are a number of large stores.

I went into TK Maxx, where I spent a very long time struggling to decide about various items (gifts for my mum and for a friend) and I have a receipt for about £70, though I have now returned many of the items (having asked my husband to make the final decisions!), and then I shopped in Home Bargains, though I haven't kept the receipt as I just bought food items and bird feed.

NTK ANPR.pdf.JPG

from your description thier NTK saying Bolton retail park is just too vague so you will ned to find out if the road in between is a public road and if possible whether the land has 2 different developments. If it was built fairly recently this will be on the council planning portal so easily accessed. You will also see if there are any conditions in the planning application or consent that mentions parking

The first point may be enough to defeat the claim for money on its own.

Also, I wont open zip files from strangers.

The stores may be able to help you in getting the demand cancelled so you can ask but they arent the landowner so often are as annoyed about all of this as you are but they can speak to their landlord who may tell ECP to behave. It s worth asking the various stores you have receipts from to intervene but this will ahve to be doen via their head offices, not locally.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

pix converted to pdf

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will need to take pictures of the signage on both sides of the roadway intersecting this land and please make them so we can read the small print as well.

We will need to have an idea of how many signs there are and where they are located. If there are no signs at the entrance to the land fro the public highway then please say so as this is important as far as offers go

from what I can see on google noseyneighbour there is a sign at the entrance to the sainsburys car park from the central roundabout that says there is a 3 hour limit but no mention of any contract being offered that says you have to pay anyone if you stay beyond this time. Doesnt even mention ECP. You can also enter that car park via the petrol station without going anywhere near that sign.

The TKMaxx side of the car park has no signs at all off the roundabout and nor does the bit straight on to Next.

There are plenty of random signs about but they arent the contractual offers the bland sign at the entrance is.

the rest you can accept or ignore as you wish once you have agreed to the first bit. as you didnt leave you COULD be sued for trespass but that landowner wont get much in damages as no loss has been caused by your car just sitting there. This will have nowt to do with ECP though.

When you get the extra piccies we will advise whether yu should respond by telling them where to go or jsut let them waste their time and money chasing you.

have also noticed where their cameras are and they could easily miss you coming out and going back in again 2 hours later if you want via the petrol station!!!

Check on that and then see if you can remember anything else about that day that is different to what you have said so far

Edited by dx100uk
spacing