style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 453 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I'm looking for some advice,

I have an old outstanding council tax bill, which was sent to Equita, I said I would set up a repayment plan with them and spoke to the local authority for them to clarify the amount as I don't agree with the amount they say.

I informed Equita that I was speaking to the local Authority and in the meantime Equita sent a repayment plan of £900 per month, which I never agreed to and could never ever afford.

Last week I received my new council tax bill and on it is the outstanding amount still owed.

I straight away emailed equita explaining this, and that now payments would be made to my local authority as it seems they have taken the debt back.

I didn't receive a reply from equita.

then this morning I have received a text message stating that my account is with an enforcement agent and to prevent removal of goods to call a number

I have now sent another 3 separate emails to equita,

copying my previous email to them and clearly stating they didn't reply,

I have also included one of those as a complaint.

I have also told them I have sent copies to my local authority.

It is not like I've been ignoring them.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Did you call the council and did they make an adjustment to the amount owed?

How much is the debt that is being requested?

Given that the council 'appear' to have included the historic debt in with your new bill, it would seem to indicate that the account has been returned to the council. Almost certainly you need to be speaking with the council to ascertain what is going on with this debt. Please post back once you have spoken with them.

Usually if you still owe previous it is not actually added on to your next years bill just listed as outstanding. I get this each year as paying over 12 months always leaves the last month outstanding. Otherwise it would be included in your total to pay for the coming year.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One word of advice is that there is no right of entry for Bailiffs on Council Tax debts.

So don't let them in, best to not open the door at all, speak through an upstairs window to advise the debt has gone back to the council, make it clear you have dealt with it and then go inside, do not let them intimidate you into letting them in.

If you have a car parked outside they will still try to clamp it to levy on it so move it away to private property if possible, if not, park a few streets away.

They cannot force entry for CTAX debts.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Yesterday I received 2 emails from my local council, informing me that they had requested the account be put on hold for 2 weeks while I gather my income & expenditure together, and they have advised Equita to come to a payment arrangement with me.

This morning I had Equita bailiffs banging on the door, when I explained the situation, the bailiff called Equita who said they were not aware of this, I then had to produced the 2 emails to the bailiff to prove what the Local Authority had sent.

He then left.

Should I inform the Local Authority of this and that Equita are stating they were not aware of the the account being put on hold.

I love the way the council(s, all of them) say that they'll "request" that these things are put on hold.

They're the principle. They tell the EA, not ask nicely if they wouldn't mind just this once as a favour.

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

Wonder if this council has a rampant Capita infestation? (capita own Equita)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi,

I need to send a breakdown of my income & expenditure to Equita and proof of any benefits.

Is there a template on here that I can send as I really don't feel comfortable sending my bank statements?

I a carer for my parent so that is my income which I do receive carers allowance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi, just a quick update.

after sending my proposals to Equita, as advised by my local authority.

Equita have ignored all my emails which I sent through their online system and direct.

Today I received a text message informing me that an enforcement agent will be visiting etc.

I have emailed my local authority explaining everything and how Equita have been ignoring my emails, even though my LA advised them to make a payment arrangement.

I have stressed how upsetting this is and how it is affecting me.

I also asked the LA if they would consider setting up the payment arrangement via Equita.

if he turns up follow post 4

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

I would suggest that whatever you sent to Equita, you should also send to the council as well.

PS: When speaking with the local authority, you may wish to remind them of paragraph 7 of the Taking Control of Goods: National Standards 2014 which says this:

7. Creditors should remember that enforcement agents are acting on their behalf and that ultimately they are responsible, and accountable, for the enforcement agents acting on their behalf.

Yesterday afternoon an enforcement agent turned up at my door, i didn’t let him in.

I tried to explain to him about the councils emails with regard to the account and show him proof of the emails from the Council, he wouldn’t look,

He was so aggressive in his manner, he said he was calling Equita, I asked if he could come back in the morning to which he replied no I will be banging on your door again soon, he then said Equita has denied all knowledge, but still wouldn’t look at the proof, he made me feel so intimidated, so I said I would need 24 hours to contact the Council for them to verify, he begrudgingly agreed and said only 24 hours.

He pulled up in my road in this 4x4 truck left it in the middle of the road and was just acting like a thug.

I managed to get through to the Council, who then found the emails they had sent to me, I also explained the amount of times I have been contacting Equita with the payment arrangement and the fact Equita are just ignoring everything, I said I even put in a complaint and still nothing, then they send a bailiff.

He the contacted Equita, he said the account is 100% on hold, he recommends I bombard Equita (those were his words) with continuous emails.

I said that the bailiff said he was coming back, he said that I shouldn’t be receiving any visits, but if the information hasn’t got back to the bailiff yet, if he does knock I am to say this persons name in the Council and he will go.

I just can’t beleive all this, and all I’m trying to do is set up a payment arrangement.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Bet Equita will have added the £235 Enforcement fee now whether Council put it on hold or not for the thuggish oik fetching up at the door with his 4 x 4

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So yesterday afternoon an enforcement agent turned up at my door, i didn’t let him in. I tried to explain to him about the councils emails with regard to the account and show him proof of the emails from the Council, he wouldn’t look,

He was so aggressive in his manner, he said he was calling Equita, I asked if he could come back in the morning to which he replied no I will be banging on your door again soon, he then said Equita has denied all knowledge, but still wouldn’t look at the proof, he made me feel so intimidated, so I said I would need 24 hours to contact the Council for them to verify, he begrudgingly agreed and said only 24 hours.

He pulled up in my road in this 4x4 truck left it in the middle of the road and was just acting like a thug.

I managed to get through to the Council, who then found the emails they had sent to me, I also explained the amount of times I have been contacting Equita with the payment arrangement and the fact Equita are just ignoring everything, I said I even put in a complaint and still nothing, then they send a bailiff.

He the contacted Equita, he said the account is 100% on hold, he recommends I bombard Equita (those were his words) with continuous emails.

I said that the bailiff said he was coming back, he said that I shouldn’t be receiving any visits, but if the information hasn’t got back to the bailiff yet, if he does knock I am to say this persons name in the Council and he will go.

I just can’t beleive all this, and all I’m trying to do is set up a payment arrangement.

Well done for following the advice given, many don't as they get intimated by the Bailiff's behavior, they aren't all thugs like this one but some are and it is very difficult to ignore them when they are trying to shame you in front of your neighbours in to letting them in.

When they are confronted by someone who knows the limits of the powers they have in certain situations they don't like it, so the bully boy tactics are expected but it's always going to be the same result - they have to leave unresolved.

If they come back do the same thing and expect them to be prepared, they now know you are not intimidated so they may try other tactics such as turn up looking like a delivery person and they won't reveal who they are until you open the door, at which point they will push past you - they are not allowed to but some don't care.

Hi,

since the visit from the bailiff, I have had contact from my local Authority confirming the account is on hold and this week I received an email from my local authority stating that they have asked Equita to contact me to come to a payment arrangement that is affordable to me.

In total I have now sent around 20 emails to Equita.

Today I have received 2 letters from Equita and they are both removal notices for the same account.

It seems they are blatantly ignoring my Local authority.

I have now sent another email to Equita stating again what has been said by the local Authority.

Obviously on Monday I will inform the council and just hope they might take the debt back and let me pay them.

I was also wondering if I would be able to take this further with anyone higher, as I have all my emails and emails from the council and not once have I had an acknowledgment from Equita except threatening letters?

Have you thought about contacting your local Councillor(s) and ask they intervene on your behalf? Best initial contact is by phone and if you do it today or tomorrow then hopefully they will be on the Council doorstep first thing Monday. Find out who to contact @ https://www.writetothem.com/ . If they refuse or are reluctant to get involved then go to the Leader of the Council.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]