Suspension Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, I now have a union rep which is great. GMB Union have aggreed to help. I also recieved an email from my HR dept with a meeting date. It states the reason why and there are statements from the accountant + her assistant, then one from the person who did this BUT both accountants state the wrong person in their account off things.....dont know where I stand with this, plus the venue is at my place off work which I dont want. Can I ask for it to take place at a diff location with in the company? Thanks again all

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to answer the last bit forst- No but if HR have offices away from your place of work on the site then suggest that would be more comfortable with no interruptions etc.

As for their witness statements being wrong, this is why the meeting is happening so you will get an opportunity to point ths out. Make sure your rep knows all about this beforehand and have anything that is on paper to support your side of things the co cant really argue that obeying a direct order is a breach of your conditions even if the outcome is something they dont like

to answer the last bit forst- No but if HR have offices away from your place of work on the site then suggest that would be more comfortable with no interruptions etc.

As for their witness statements being wrong, this is why the meeting is happening so you will get an opportunity to point ths out. Make sure your rep knows all about this beforehand and have anything that is on paper to support your side of things the co cant really argue that obeying a direct order is a breach of your conditions even if the outcome is something they dont like

Hi, thanks for that info. Appreciate it

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, well they dismissed me as off Thur as they felt that I abused my position. Not recieved any conformation yet but have right to appeal once I do get it....gutted about it all

I'm sorry to hear that. Was thir evidence reasonably solid? The test isn't 100% certain you did something wrong, but would it be a reasonable assumption to make following the evidence

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Always appeal. Nothing to lose and its usually done by someone from another office or outside the company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry to hear that. I agree with the others, definitely go for the appeal.

Only submit a SAR now if you think you're fighting a losing battle; then you have to ask yourself why you are going through the pain of an appeal. If you lose your appeal, then submit a SAR. If you submit a SAR now, they will see you as a hinderance and be glad to be rid of you. You have the right to see the evidence they based their decision on and that is all you need at this stage.

Remember, if you want to take them to a tribunal you only have 3 months to do so from your dismissal date. Don't wait for your appeal decision as it may take longer than 3 months.

Thanks all. I will be def appealling this but know that this will make no diff. They have taken statements from 'all' 12 salemen but only 3 were provided as add evidence against me, 1 off whom really does not like me and was forced to move to our branch but didnt want to as I was there. Another was from anonymous which said they heard me asking.....its a joke tbh honest given the other things that went on and nothing getting done, HR wise, about it and alot worse than what I got accused off....

• 5 months later...

From what I've gathered it's all to do with if they followed a fair procedure in reaching there decision rather than if your actually guilty or not which is frustrating so I'm concentrating more on the length of time it has taken them to investigate my situation. Terrible situation your in and completely understand how your feeling