• Tweets

• Letter from court is asking that I submit to the court and the other party no later than 14 days ahead of the hearing  a "witness statement?" I assume this will give more detail than the original defence I filed?   It states I must:   Start with name of the case and claim number Full name and adress of witness Set out witness evidence clearly in numbered paragraphs on numbered pages End with this paragraph "I beleive that the facts stated in this witness statement are true." be signed by the witness and dated    
    • Thank you. You shouldn't be claiming for the return of half the money. If you are claiming on the basis that this is an unenforceable penalty or an unenforceable unfair term, then the entire term of the contract. The void and unenforceable and there is no power in the courts to make an apportionment.  Therefore your claim must be for the entire £450. Personally I wouldn't allow them to get away with any unfairness. I'm extremely dubious about the other term which apparently allows them to take ownership of the dog if it is not collected within 14 days. They are only entitled to recover any administrative expenses caused by any breach – assuming that the breach is yours. Have you asked them to account for the £450 and to explain why this might amount to their administrative expenses? Of course it can't possibly do because as that is the full cost of keeping the dog then there must be a margin included in the £450 which represents their profit – otherwise there would be no point in them running the business. Of course, if the breach is theirs then they would have to return the £450 to you plus any other losses that they had caused you. For instance, if your daughter had been put to any loss which you had to reimburse her for then it might be reasonable for you to claim that as well. Let us know. Have you send them a letter of claim yet? If you want to be super-nice then you might offer them a small sum by way of administrative expenses as an alternative to forcing you into legal action. I would suggest no more than 70 quid – but I think first of all I would invite them to account for the £450 and explain why they say it equals their administrative expenses. I don't expect that you will get any reasonable answer and they will simply say that it is in their terms and conditions – but at least you will have something in writing from yourself – and then from them to show firstly that you have tried to be reasonable about your approaches to them and secondly that they are merely relying on terms and conditions and it has nothing to do with administrative losses  
    • Hi All,   I have recently received the  Letter Before Claim from Gladstones Solicitors,   I have previously appealled original PCN with One Parking Solution and  POPLA to no avail, despite my vehicle being recorded on the site 1-2 minute to turn around there and 3 minutes stopped at the entrance (not parked) so 5 minutes in total having pulled off the public highway momentarily. Not to park as advised to this rather nefarious company!   Would welcome the advice on what to do next please, Thanks in advance,   RATPCN  
    • I would suggest that you call UC and request mandatory reconsideration (MR) of the decision to pay the LCWRA arrears to DWP debt management towards this disputed Housing Benefit debt.   They cannot refuse the MR request.   Reasons for MR.   1) Housing Benefit debt is disputed and subject to Court Tribunal process.    2) The DWP decision makers letter to award the LCWRA does not mention any decision to pay arrears towards debts. UC are therefore making a decision, without informing of any legal rights they might have to act in this way.    When you make the MR request, ask to submit further evidence within the 30 days allowed. Then send copies of any dispute about the debt.   You could also contact the Council to see if they are happy for health related award money from DWP being paid to them. Send a complaint to Council that you are not happy with this.    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 530 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi There, I am new to this site and need some advice please.

I have recently submitted a PPI claim to Natwest in respect of PPI.

I sent them a copy bank statement (dated 1998) depicting 'Credit Card Repayment Protector' being deducted at GBP30.67 per month on a balance of GBP4151 per month.

I rang them and they have stated that this is CPP and not PPI.

I know that this is not the case and have told them that.

Any advice at all please and thanks?

I have been informed that a rough calculation is that the PPI would have cost 77p for ever GBP100 outstanding on my credit card balance each month.

Therefore the monthly payment of £30.67 on a balance of circa £4151 seems to suggest I was indeed paying the above insurance premium.

Whereas NatWest CCP Credit Card Plus cost £36.99 a year

Edited by Millown
adding more information

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Can anyone tell me if Natwest may still hold Credit Card information from 1996-2001.

I found a statement with PPI on it for one month dated August 1998 and after 12 weeks with Natwest they have made me an offer of GBP142.22.

Obviously I wouldn't have just had PPI for one month and in my naivety assumed that they would make an offer based on historical payments.

I have not accepted the offer, but for the life of me now need to find further statements.

Would a SAR be able to provide statements back that far.

Any advice I would be so grateful for.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They certainly do have an archive and you should certainly make an SAR. All of the banks hold far more information than they'd like to admit – you simply have to be a bit canny about getting it.

When I originally set off an SAR from my own bank – Lloyds, I was told that they only kept six years worth of data. I then accidentally discovered that they had an archive centre in Andover and I got data going all the way back to the year 2000. I spoke to someone at Santander a few years ago and they told me that they kept all their records in various forms – digital, microfiche, paper back to at least 1933. I think their archive centre then was in Leighton Buzzard.

Somewhere in this forum there is a reference to the NatWest archive – but you will have to search for it. If you find it, then it will give you much more information and maybe you can post up the results in this thread.

They certainly do have an archive and you should certainly make an SAR. All of the banks hold far more information than they'd like to admit – you simply have to be a bit canny about getting it.

When I originally set off an SAR from my own bank – Lloyds, I was told that they only kept six years worth of data. I then accidentally discovered that they had an archive centre in Andover and I got data going all the way back to the year 2000. I spoke to someone at Santander a few years ago and they told me that they kept all their records in various forms – digital, microfiche, paper back to at least 1933. I think their archive centre then was in Leighton Buzzard.

Somewhere in this forum there is a reference to the NatWest archive – but you will have to search for it. If you find it, then it will give you much more information and maybe you can post up the results in this thread.

Thanks once again for your extremely helpful reply. I’ll get searching in the firum and will certainly share the information. In terms of the register ICO it is asking for a code for The Supplier any idea what code I would use for Natwest?

ico what have the got to do with it

send the oc an sar

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi just to confirm that the address for Natwest/RBS SAR is : Subject Access Request Team, RBS, House B, Gogaburn, PO Box 1000, Edinburgh, EH12 1HQ.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but if this helps anyone searching for NatWest current account statements,

I managed to get mine dating back to 1992 with the help of the ICO.

It seems to make a difference if your account is still active.

But if you are seeking copies of credit card statements you can only request them back to 2001.

I suspect they have earlier ones, probably in microfiche which NatWest won't confirm one way or another if these archives exist.

Can I ask BankFodder about Santander having archives back to 1993.

Did you receive any credit applications or transaction history back to the 1990's?

Many thanks

might be better to post on your own thread?

spreadsheets 

might be better to post on your own thread?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but if this helps anyone searching for NatWest current account statements,

I managed to get mine dating back to 1992 with the help of the ICO.

It seems to make a difference if your account is still active.

But if you are seeking copies of credit card statements you can only request them back to 2001.

I suspect they have earlier ones, probably in microfiche which NatWest won't confirm one way or another if these archives exist.

Can I ask BankFodder about Santander having archives back to 1993.

Did you receive any credit applications or transaction history back to the 1990's?

Many thanks

yes please. Please start a new thread for this because it is very interesting information.

I think we would be very interested to know the story of how you managed to obtain data going back to 1992 – and why is that you had to enlist the help of the ICO, what did the ICO do – and how long did it all take?

The Santander archives that I referred to went back to 1933. I have had no dealings with Santander all those archives. This was simply someone who popped up on this forum in 2006 or 2007 and told us that they had been an Abbey National archivist. I travelled to meet her in Leighton Buzzard because I thought the information was so important and because at that time the Abbey bank and others were withholding information in order to try and frustrate bank charges claims.

She told me about their microfiche system which went back to the 1960s and then before that a paper system which went back to 1933. Apparently the whole lot was housed in Leighton Buzzard. I have no idea if it is still there – but I imagine that it probably is – meaning that I imagine it still exists although I don't know if it is still housed in Leighton Buzzard. Is there a Santander building in Leighton Buzzard now?

I'd be very grateful if you could tell us more about your remarkable success in getting data back to 1992 – but in a new thread.

he already has an old thread.........................

spreadsheets 

yes please. Please start a new thread for this because it is very interesting information.

I think we would be very interested to know the story of how you managed to obtain data going back to 1992 – and why is that you had to enlist the help of the ICO, what did the ICO do – and how long did it all take?

The Santander archives that I referred to went back to 1933. I have had no dealings with Santander all those archives. This was simply someone who popped up on this forum in 2006 or 2007 and told us that they had been an Abbey National archivist. I travelled to meet her in Leighton Buzzard because I thought the information was so important and because at that time the Abbey bank and others were withholding information in order to try and frustrate bank charges claims.

She told me about their microfiche system which went back to the 1960s and then before that a paper system which went back to 1933. Apparently the whole lot was housed in Leighton Buzzard. I have no idea if it is still there – but I imagine that it probably is – meaning that I imagine it still exists although I don't know if it is still housed in Leighton Buzzard. Is there a Santander building in Leighton Buzzard now?

I'd be very grateful if you could tell us more about your remarkable success in getting data back to 1992 – but in a new thread.

Thanks Bank Fodder that's also very interesting to read. I will start a new thread in a few days about the NatWest/ICO issue, busy with car problems at the moment!

Natwest SAR

- I have received a reply from Natwest stating that there is no archive system for credit card statements.

They do state that there is an archive for current and loan accounts.

Obviously I will not be giving up, but just want to know what is the best way forward getting the information that I want.

They have stated in their letter the storage start dates for credit card statements is from 01 January 2001.

I am looking for statements from 1996-2001.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Did they send you a copy of your credit agreement from 1996?

No they only sent me 6 months worth of statements dated 2002

Hi There!

Did you have any luck getting old credit card statements from Natwest? I'm trying to at the moment so any tips would be great!

I have sent an SAR to Natwest in respect of credit card statements from 1996-2001. I have received 6 months worth of statements dated 2002. They are insisting that the Natwest Archives only hold information on bank accounts and loans and not on credit card statements. I have done some trawling through previous threads on CAG and it has been stated that they definitely do hold credit card statements back to the date I want. Any advice please and thanks in terms of making sure that I get the correct statements.

Three threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Three threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

Regards

Andy

Sure thing Andy

I've been chasing for 7 weeks for old statements and no-one is responding to me at all from Natwest. They sent me 3 months statements in May and not the dates I requested in my original SAR.

I wrote back and told them that they had were in breach of SAR and that my credit card statements will be in the archives and reiterated the dates again that I require. I have asked on 8 occasions to forward my emails to the head of complaints and not one email has been responded to.

ICO time?

spreadsheets 

Yes have done this morning. Sent copies of all emails and correspondence.