• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There, I am new to this site and need some advice please.

I have recently submitted a PPI claim to Natwest in respect of PPI.

I sent them a copy bank statement (dated 1998) depicting 'Credit Card Repayment Protector' being deducted at GBP30.67 per month on a balance of GBP4151 per month.

I rang them and they have stated that this is CPP and not PPI.

I know that this is not the case and have told them that.

Any advice at all please and thanks?

I have been informed that a rough calculation is that the PPI would have cost 77p for ever GBP100 outstanding on my credit card balance each month.

Therefore the monthly payment of £30.67 on a balance of circa £4151 seems to suggest I was indeed paying the above insurance premium.

Whereas NatWest CCP Credit Card Plus cost £36.99 a year

Edited by Millown
adding more information

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me if Natwest may still hold Credit Card information from 1996-2001.

I found a statement with PPI on it for one month dated August 1998 and after 12 weeks with Natwest they have made me an offer of GBP142.22.

Obviously I wouldn't have just had PPI for one month and in my naivety assumed that they would make an offer based on historical payments.

I have not accepted the offer, but for the life of me now need to find further statements.

Would a SAR be able to provide statements back that far.

Any advice I would be so grateful for.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They certainly do have an archive and you should certainly make an SAR. All of the banks hold far more information than they'd like to admit – you simply have to be a bit canny about getting it.

When I originally set off an SAR from my own bank – Lloyds, I was told that they only kept six years worth of data. I then accidentally discovered that they had an archive centre in Andover and I got data going all the way back to the year 2000. I spoke to someone at Santander a few years ago and they told me that they kept all their records in various forms – digital, microfiche, paper back to at least 1933. I think their archive centre then was in Leighton Buzzard.

Somewhere in this forum there is a reference to the NatWest archive – but you will have to search for it. If you find it, then it will give you much more information and maybe you can post up the results in this thread.

They certainly do have an archive and you should certainly make an SAR. All of the banks hold far more information than they'd like to admit – you simply have to be a bit canny about getting it.

When I originally set off an SAR from my own bank – Lloyds, I was told that they only kept six years worth of data. I then accidentally discovered that they had an archive centre in Andover and I got data going all the way back to the year 2000. I spoke to someone at Santander a few years ago and they told me that they kept all their records in various forms – digital, microfiche, paper back to at least 1933. I think their archive centre then was in Leighton Buzzard.

Somewhere in this forum there is a reference to the NatWest archive – but you will have to search for it. If you find it, then it will give you much more information and maybe you can post up the results in this thread.

Thanks once again for your extremely helpful reply. I’ll get searching in the firum and will certainly share the information. In terms of the register ICO it is asking for a code for The Supplier any idea what code I would use for Natwest?

ico what have the got to do with it

send the oc an sar

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but if this helps anyone searching for NatWest current account statements,

I managed to get mine dating back to 1992 with the help of the ICO.

It seems to make a difference if your account is still active.

But if you are seeking copies of credit card statements you can only request them back to 2001.

I suspect they have earlier ones, probably in microfiche which NatWest won't confirm one way or another if these archives exist.

Can I ask BankFodder about Santander having archives back to 1993.

Did you receive any credit applications or transaction history back to the 1990's?

Many thanks

might be better to post on your own thread?

and they

might be better to post on your own thread?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but if this helps anyone searching for NatWest current account statements,

I managed to get mine dating back to 1992 with the help of the ICO.

It seems to make a difference if your account is still active.

But if you are seeking copies of credit card statements you can only request them back to 2001.

I suspect they have earlier ones, probably in microfiche which NatWest won't confirm one way or another if these archives exist.

Can I ask BankFodder about Santander having archives back to 1993.

Did you receive any credit applications or transaction history back to the 1990's?

Many thanks

yes please. Please start a new thread for this because it is very interesting information.

I think we would be very interested to know the story of how you managed to obtain data going back to 1992 – and why is that you had to enlist the help of the ICO, what did the ICO do – and how long did it all take?

The Santander archives that I referred to went back to 1933. I have had no dealings with Santander all those archives. This was simply someone who popped up on this forum in 2006 or 2007 and told us that they had been an Abbey National archivist. I travelled to meet her in Leighton Buzzard because I thought the information was so important and because at that time the Abbey bank and others were withholding information in order to try and frustrate bank charges claims.

She told me about their microfiche system which went back to the 1960s and then before that a paper system which went back to 1933. Apparently the whole lot was housed in Leighton Buzzard. I have no idea if it is still there – but I imagine that it probably is – meaning that I imagine it still exists although I don't know if it is still housed in Leighton Buzzard. Is there a Santander building in Leighton Buzzard now?

I'd be very grateful if you could tell us more about your remarkable success in getting data back to 1992 – but in a new thread.

he already has an old thread.........................

and they

yes please. Please start a new thread for this because it is very interesting information.

I think we would be very interested to know the story of how you managed to obtain data going back to 1992 – and why is that you had to enlist the help of the ICO, what did the ICO do – and how long did it all take?

The Santander archives that I referred to went back to 1933. I have had no dealings with Santander all those archives. This was simply someone who popped up on this forum in 2006 or 2007 and told us that they had been an Abbey National archivist. I travelled to meet her in Leighton Buzzard because I thought the information was so important and because at that time the Abbey bank and others were withholding information in order to try and frustrate bank charges claims.

She told me about their microfiche system which went back to the 1960s and then before that a paper system which went back to 1933. Apparently the whole lot was housed in Leighton Buzzard. I have no idea if it is still there – but I imagine that it probably is – meaning that I imagine it still exists although I don't know if it is still housed in Leighton Buzzard. Is there a Santander building in Leighton Buzzard now?

I'd be very grateful if you could tell us more about your remarkable success in getting data back to 1992 – but in a new thread.

Thanks Bank Fodder that's also very interesting to read. I will start a new thread in a few days about the NatWest/ICO issue, busy with car problems at the moment!

• 3 weeks later...

Natwest SAR

- I have received a reply from Natwest stating that there is no archive system for credit card statements.

They do state that there is an archive for current and loan accounts.

Obviously I will not be giving up, but just want to know what is the best way forward getting the information that I want.

They have stated in their letter the storage start dates for credit card statements is from 01 January 2001.

I am looking for statements from 1996-2001.

Any advice would be very welcome.

I have sent an SAR to Natwest in respect of credit card statements from 1996-2001. I have received 6 months worth of statements dated 2002. They are insisting that the Natwest Archives only hold information on bank accounts and loans and not on credit card statements. I have done some trawling through previous threads on CAG and it has been stated that they definitely do hold credit card statements back to the date I want. Any advice please and thanks in terms of making sure that I get the correct statements.

Three threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

I've been chasing for 7 weeks for old statements and no-one is responding to me at all from Natwest. They sent me 3 months statements in May and not the dates I requested in my original SAR.

I wrote back and told them that they had were in breach of SAR and that my credit card statements will be in the archives and reiterated the dates again that I require. I have asked on 8 occasions to forward my emails to the head of complaints and not one email has been responded to.

ICO time?

and they