ONLINE PROCESSING threatened court action from work mileage tax rebate - please help

jgswing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i decided to use a company called "work mileage tax rebate" to claim some tax back on work mileage i had done,

i was very confused about doing this so this is why i used them because i had been paid for a small amount of mileage from my company so needed to offset this,

they were very unhelpful and told me just to fill the paperwork out as best as i can and return it to them and they will check it over before sending anything to HMRC.

i received another letter asking for a signature from me confirming all the details was 100% correct and any fines for incorrect figures would be my responsibility,

because i was not sure they were correct i did not sign it

I phoned them to ask for some assistance,

they weren't helpful at all

i told them to cancel my claim and thought that was the end.

Now i have received a letter threatening court action if i do not pay within 14 days.

they are now charging me the full fee for what they were going to charge me for my claim plus 2 fees of £120+vat because i went elsewhere

(i paid an accountant to help me) for the help i required and filled in my self assessments myself.

i dont see how they can charge me for returning my own self assessments as they havent had to do anything,

they are charging me more than what the original fee would have been

There is a similar thread on here from 2 years ago where they have done similar to somebody else, but i dont know how it ended

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?472472-Please-help.-work-mileage-tax-rebate-Missold-a-service&p=4977504#post4977504

Can anyone help me please?

i believed they are trying to do me for every penny they can because they have lost out on a claim,

if they were to actually provide me with some help then i would be happy to use them and pay them their fee

Edited by dx100uk
spacing/spelling

thread tidied posts from other thread moved here

just like that other thread

you ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Work Mileage Tax Rebate is actually a Company called ONLINE PROCESSING (UK)[ LIMITED

On there Work Mileage Tax Rebate Website go to the very bottom of the webpage and click on 'Legal' then Click 'here' under

:Terms and Conditions of Service' (first one have a wee read)

Please follow the advice already given

ONLINE PROCESSING (UK) LIMITED

PO BOX 10521 Market Harborough

Leicestershire

England

LE16 0HE

Company Number: 07981782

Director: Jack Alexander Johnston, Appointed: 1st Sept 2015, Occupation: Chartered Accountant

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07981782

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/07981782-online-processing-uk-limited

Whoisdomaintools link: (you may have to complete a captcha): http://whois.domaintools.com/workmileagetaxrebate.co.uk

This Company is also linked to the following:

Armed Forces Tax Rebate Limited, Company Number 10807008:

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10807008

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/10807008-armed-forces-tax-rebate-limited

SWTR Limited, Companyy Number 10510786:

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10510786

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/10510786-swtr-limited

PTG Claims Limited, Company Number 08849870:

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08849870

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/08849870-ptg-claims-limited

PTG Finance Limited, Company Number 08844208:

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08844208

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/08844208-ptg-finance-limited

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Work Mileage Tax Rebate is actually a Company called ONLINE PROCESSING (UK)[ LIMITED

On there Work Mileage Tax Rebate Website go to the very bottom of the webpage and click on 'Legal' then Click 'here' under

:Terms and Conditions of Service' (first one have a wee read)

Please follow the advice already given

Thanks, but follow what advice already given?

you totally IGNORE THEM

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you elaborate please, as far as i could see there wasnt an ending to that other thread apart from the original poster asking to remove his thread?

Can i just ask for your reasons for ignoring and how you know this will not end up with me in court?

OK Thanks for your advice, can you tell me how i get to these other threads in that thread, Im not an idiot (honestly!) but i cant see how to find them

these are the letters i have received from them and bearing in mind i have signed there agreement, are you sure i should ignore them and they will not continue and take court action on me??

If they do take me to court i cannot see my word standing up that they just wouldn't help me and it will end up costing me even more

OK Thanks for your advice, can you tell me how i get to these other threads in that thread, Im not an idiot (honestly!) but i cant see how to find them

I have also uploaded my letters from them could you just check them and let me know what you think and let me know if your sure i should ignore them. thanks again! im really stressing over this

Also what do you mean about only the trademark owner can take me to court?

They are threatening court over fees owed from a service i signed up for them to provide but i pulled out because they would not give me the help required and now they are asking for there fees + other ridiculous fees

here they are as PDF hope this is better

docs1.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

you said:

i received another letter asking for a signature from me confirming all the details was 100% correct and any fines for incorrect figures would be my responsibility,

because i was not sure they were correct i did not sign it

and they

That paperwork i did not sign was for me to confirm all the details ive entered was correct and and fines from hmrc would be my responsibility, it was the final paperwork to sign for me to sign before they sent it to hmrc, I signed some paperwork much before that agreeing to their terms and conditions

and they

• 4 months later...
Can somebody please update me with the outcome of this situation? I am in a similar position.

Thank you

Hi, sorry to hear your in the same situation, i hope it is not the same company??

I didnt find i got much help on here to be honest, maybe it was a little complex to explain everything in such depth on here.

i just paid it in the end, it seemed this "company" had done this to people before with how they acted when i contacted them, they would refuse to speak to me about it until i paid them in full, and no matter what i said to them they just kept repeating that they still wanted paying in full regardless.

It was getting me down in the end so i picked a day that i had a lot on and paid it that morning so i wouldnt have time to think about it.

It worried me that there was paper work i had signed agreeing to pay for their services (which they did not provide) but if it went to court I felt like it would just be my word against there signed paper work agreement

Can you tell me a few more details of your situation?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

what you state here is exactly what they rely on-

people who wouldnt fall for their claptrap will have done the work themselves and saved their fees as well as getting the tax forms right.

Ultimately they are not your accountant so you remain liable to HMRC for any errors or tax due. these bandits know that and I expect that their business model is based entirely on duping people rather than offering a proper service.

You dont have to sign a contract to have an agreement with someone.

what they will have though is paperwork with your details

so even if you said no to them earlier you have little to show a judge to rebut their bumf.

I could glean your details from another source and send you a bill and sue if you didnt pay and over half of the population would then pay up, as you did. they know this and they have calculated the odds

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Can somebody please update me with the outcome of this situation? I am in a similar position.

Thank you

Ignore them

Dont get mugged like the starter of this thread

Who seems to have ignored the basic simple answer given here

and they

Ignore them

Dont get mugged like the starter of this thread

Who seems to have ignored the basic simple answer given here

Well its easy for somebody to say ignore them, but when your the one being threatened court action its quite different,

people here didnt understand the whole situation, so i had to do my own research and it seemed the sensible idea was to pay and forget.

maybe if you gave a bit more of a structured/informative answer that your "basic simple answer" as you call it, that could help people a bit more

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

You got sent a fake draft claimform

Anyone can download and send one of those

You didnt sign anything = no contact

and they

But I signed their agreement which entailed their ts and cs.

My argument is twofold:

I thought they were HMRC and never realised it was a chargeable service.

And they are charging me £120 for minimal work. All they have done is request employment forms to be sent to me from HMRC, and conducted 2 phone calls with me. I blocked them from acting on my behalf before they could do anything else.

So do you still think ignoring them is best course of action, even with the signed forms?

Also to the person who originally responded to me, did they go away once you paid? And did they charge interest on the invoice for the time it took you to decide to pay it?

Thank you

My argument is twofold:

I thought they were HMRC and never realised it was a chargeable service. - opps...not your problem..let a judge decide

And they are charging me £120 for minimal work.

All they have done is request employment forms to be sent to me from HMRC, and conducted 2 phone calls with me.

I blocked them from acting on my behalf before they could do anything else.

So do you still think ignoring them is best course of action, even with the signed forms? - YES

Also to the person who originally responded to me, did they go away once you paid?

And did they charge interest on the invoice for the time it took you to decide to pay it?

Thank you

dx

and they

My argument is twofold:

I thought they were HMRC and never realised it was a chargeable service.

And they are charging me £120 for minimal work. All they have done is request employment forms to be sent to me from HMRC, and conducted 2 phone calls with me. I blocked them from acting on my behalf before they could do anything else.

So do you still think ignoring them is best course of action, even with the signed forms?

Also to the person who originally responded to me, did they go away once you paid? And did they charge interest on the invoice for the time it took you to decide to pay it?

Thank you

yes they did go away once paid but im really sorry, i cannot really give you any advise on what you should do

I blocked them from acting on my behalf before they could do anything else.

good move that will be recorded too

there t&c's as post 12 can be questioned IF IF IF it ever gets to court

stand upto them

we'll hhelp

and they

I also have a problem with their payment terms. They say payment is due immediately upon receiving invoice. Can they do this?

I don't get paid until end of month, at which point the invoice will have been received nearly 10 days ago.

ignore them!!

and they

they make money by creating websites that are deliberately confusing with official ones and then pay google to push them to the top of the ratings. as DX syas, ignoring them is the best option as they rely on deceit and bullying to earn their crust. I bet that their terms are unenforceable anyways, mosy of these companies are that way