BankFodder BankFodder

Romancey23

Train Fare Evasion - Cross Country train

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 669 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

A friend came to me as I work in legal but this is outside my expertise and I have read some good advice on this site so hope someone might be able to help.

My friend was caught without a ticket on a Cross Country train.

They took a copy of his ID and said he would receive a fine in the post.

Two months later he has only received this letter.

From reading previous posts I had advised him he would receive a letter asking for his version of events but nothing else has come through yet.

Is this the normal process?

Any advice or pointers would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Letter.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi and Welcome to CAG

There will be a further letter (as advised in the letter) with regards to options/payments.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi and Welcome to CAG

There will be a further letter (as advised in the letter) with regards to options/payments.

Andy

Thanks very much Andy you were completely right, he has now been asked for his version of events.

I have looked at other threads and can see that he needs to draft a short letter setting out his version succinctly, and then grovel and offer to pay the fee and associated costs.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks again