BW Legal discount letter for PCN issued in 2012

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from B W Legal, stating that it is a `Discount Offer` to settle a PCN which they state has not been resolved.

Their letter is in the usual format.

Interestingly, they state that the contravention was dated 23rd June 2012, which I understand pre-dates the official inception date of POFA.

I do not have any memory of this alleged event as the car was only in my name for insurance purposes and belonged to my son.

As this pre-dates POFA, am I right to assume that if I state that I have no knowledge of the driver, especially after 6 years, they cannot enforce this?

Knowing BWL, they'll try their best to threaten and brow beat you in to paying.

If they're stupid enough to take court action, they've obviously got a big pot of their clients money that they're desperate to lose. They wouldn't stand a chance!

You are correct that POFA was not in force in June '12. It was enacted on 1st Oct '12, so there's absolutely no keeper liability before that date :thumb:

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

They have `kindly` given me until 2nd April to respond before they retract their `offer`.

Ill wait until the end of March and let them know about POFA. Maybe it will string along until 6 years is up on 23rd June ;-)

Thanks for your prompt response.

Chris

I wouldn't really matter if they came round to your house and dragged you to court by the hair in the morning. It wouldn't make their "case" any more legitimate or enforceable :lol:

I wouldn't bother wasting your time, energy and stamps on contacting BWL at all. Let 'em stew.

They don't have a case and they damn well know it. They're just hoping that you don't!

Contacting them *might* lead them to believe that you're going to roll over and pay if they apply enough pressure. Ignoring them leaves them wasting their money writing nasty letters to you. If you're really lucky, they'll dig out the red ink :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

If they were to issue a speculative court claim, you would be able to give them a really good tolchocking in court, no keeper liability, why so long to issue claim, unlawful data processing as in your data from DVLA, great if they issued a claimform in May after GDPR comes into force.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

ignore them, they are just hoping that you are daft enough to give this any credence. By ignoring you push the time along, they have to give you a certain amount of time to respond so answer this and they can speed things up. they know that this is going nowhere but are getting paid a pittance to send the letter with the promise of a bigger payday if you take the bait

so you've NOT got a claimform from northants court as the title suggests

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread title changed

you've not moved have you?

and almost statute barred too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They do, but they're hoping that you don't. They're nice like that :lol: