Dismissed from job - am I disqualified from JSA

Jaybee in CF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was recently sacked (for reasons quite spurious) by my last employer, and now the DWP want to see a letter from them establishing why I left my job. The letter is pretty scathing about my behaviour ("inappropriate" comments and other oversensitive twaddle) but states they dismissed me, and I was NOT dismissed for Gross Misconduct.

However, does the fact the dismissal was about 'behaviour', and not performance/attendance etc, mean I can't get JSA as before?

Would appreciate some clarity as this is a concern.

Cheers,

JB

Does the letter go into detail?

What were the nature of the comments. As you refer to them as over sensitive.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What you may consider minor, your previous employer considers serious. Im asking because The employer may be asked to elaborate. For instance if y ou did it to delibrately get sacked, or it was a simple case of bad judgement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

What you may consider minor, your previous employer considers serious. Im asking because The employer may be asked to elaborate. For instance if y ou did it to delibrately get sacked, or it was a simple case of bad judgement.

How on earth can anyone prove either of those? More worryingly, if the JC arbitrarily believe the employer over myself and sanction me how would I prove I wasn't out to get sacked?

Im only asking, as they may ask too. In any case, follow the link HB posted

Have a read of this link by the CAB. It doesn't have all the answers, but there are some good suggestions.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/leaving-a-job/dismissal/after-youve-been-dismissed/

HB

Thanks, but the link doesn't specify what constitutes 'misconduct', or whether that word needs to appear in a letter of termination.

Have they seen the letter yet?

Yep if they do not get the information via an ES84 completed an/or an ES85 from the employer as if you quit or were let go for misconduct etc then you will likely be sanctioned on any claim to benefits.

With out this information/proof, a Labour Market DM cannot put the claim into payment.

It's a simple case of provide the information or end the claim and wait until over 13 weeks has passed since the dismissal, then it won't matter why you left the job.