Allied International Credit

spotnot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Has anyone else had any dealings with this company? I sent my CCA on 2 November so unless they reply to me today they are in default. From reading other threads it seems to me that they think they are above the law.

I have had no response from them since I sent the CCA, no acknowledgement, no telephone call, nothing!

What are their usual tactics?

Regarding the next course of action, is the following correct?

1. If they don't send me a signed copy of the agreement with 12 days, they are in default.

2. If they don't send me a signed copy of the agreement 30 days after the above 12 days are up, the debt becomes unenforceable and they have committed a criminal act.

3. If, after the above has passed, they then send the agreement, do they have to apply to the courts to make the debt enforceable again? But if they did this they would be admitting that they committed a criminal act!

I am not trying to avoid paying this debt, its just that I am disputing this debt with Lloyds TSB and have been for the last 4 years. (Kinda sick of it now!!). But thats a different story!!:x

Can anyone confirm that what I think is right?

Thanks in advance

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CCA failure and are actions against the failure are still a bit shaded, there are some people trying to get it correct, hopefully it will get clarified soon, as this far down the track nothing has been actioned. I personnely cant wait to take my bank to court for damages.

If your bank cant present the original copy for court then theres nothing they can do.

Did you send yoru £1 paymnet with the CCA and YES LLoydstsb definately think they are above the Law.

I have been advised to note all my concerns and send them to trading standards as only when they recieve enough can they actually do anything. So failing to respond to a CCA is a good complaint me thinks:D not proving owner ship of aloan and harrasment for 4 years is another em thinks:D

BL:)

Well AIC have defaulted, so do I write to them again or do I just wait for the next 30 days and then write to them.

All help appreciated :D

When you win, donate!!!

Don't do aything, the ball has been in AIC's court for the past three weeks or so. Leave it to them to hang themselves further by allowing the 30 days to expire. As of now they cannot enforce the debt without a court order. If they take that option your defence will be they have not complied with your cca request and you could invite them to explain to the judge why they have not done so and why are still pursuing you. I'll bet they won't be too keen to do that!

AIC in my experience are probably the rudest, most aggressive company it has ever been my displeasure to deal with

They totally ignore letters and in my dealings on the phone with them (back in the days when I was naive enough to telephone these companies) they made all kinds of threats and told me to sell my house etc

From your post it is not clear whether they have purchased the debt, if they are just acting for someone my guess is they will pass it back

They are not interested in negotiation (in their own words), if they can't get what they want quickly, they seem to give up

I agree with everything Storm has posted.

I have decided there is no point in speaking or writing to this company.

Sent them a letter saying stop calling me - still get two phone calls a day (Times and dates duly noted by me!)

Sent CCA - no responce

They are of the opinion they are above the law.

But they are in for a shock shortly :p

You might be interested to know that I have just had a phone call from these people and at the end of it - he actually put the phone down on me and when I called back he told me not to call them again as they wouldn't speak to me over the phone.

Don't know if that'a result or not

They called over a MINT card debit which was with Moorcroft to whom I had sent the CCA request and which they clearly don't have so they have send it on.

AIC stated that they don't do paperwork and that they were the pre-legal division not debt collectors, so I said "OK please take me to court then"

We then got into a heated discussion where he tried to make out that they had "other" powers than a CCJ and then said "I know where you work".

When I asked him to explain that statement - loudly I must admit as he annoyed me, he said that there was no point in continuing the conversation, that he would write and put the phone down on me.

I await my letter with interest

Oh yes I forgot to add - he also called me ignorant and stupid and I shouldn't be talking about things I don't know about - ie CCA requests and powers of DCA

Nasty barstewards this lot. I had them demanding to know where I worked and threatening me. I can hold my own when it comes to arguing on the phone but even I was shaking with rage after a couple of 'conversations'. Tell 'em to eff off. That seems the only sort of language they understand.

Veeerryy interesting. Bluecat Here's what their website has to say-

"Allied International Credit (AIC) is the UK's most experienced and innovative provider of Debt Recovery and Contact Management".

If you fancy risking a tenner, send them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) asking for all the information

they have on you and details of where, and how, they got your work details,

as confirmed during todays telephone conversation. Also ask them in what capacity they are working, to recover money from you.

I think they work purely on the fear factor. We are just collecting a few more phone calls and rude letters (You know, pay us or life as you know it will end ...) and then we are off to court because they are chasing more payments for a ccj we paid off two years ago. Nothing like adding interest on after the event and then selling on to AIC (Allied International!), I would like to thank First National :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I have Allied International after me too. But I've sent them my offer (£1 a month) and they haven't got back to me.

Thats not the worst. I've had TWO debt collection agencies after me for the same debt (Natwest overdraft from university): Allied and Buchanan Clark and Wells!

PS: those guys at Allied International are indeed the rudest people on this earth and lie through their teeth constantly!

Hi,

These goons bought a statute barred debt some time ago and hound me constantly. When I spoke to them once the guy pretended not to know what statute barred meant and could I explain it.

They have ignored every single letter to date including a CCA request and SAR.

As soon as I can I will be applying to court that they comply with my SAR and a nice N1 will land on their doormatt.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not heard anything from these delightful individuals.:D Only another few days and they have committed a criminal act.

When you win, donate!!!

Same here.

I called Natwest (which owns the account AIC is looking after) and they said that AIC hasn't been in charge of my account since the 27th of November because it has been passed on to another credit agency.

Someone at AIC called me yesterday to ask for payment though!

They posted the cheque I sent on the 14th of November but haven't replied to my offer for over a month.

What should I do?

Guest The Terminator
Same here.

I called NatWest (which owns the account AIC is looking after) and they said that AIC hasn't been in charge of my account since the 27th of November because it has been passed on to another credit agency.

They posted the cheque I sent on the 14th of November but haven't replied to my offer for over a month.

What should I do?

Nothing.Let them make the next move just keep all your corresspondance together and don't give them another penny

Same here.

I called NatWest (which owns the account AIC is looking after) and they said that AIC hasn't been in charge of my account since the 27th of November because it has been passed on to another credit agency.

What should I do?

Watch out for AIC - yes they are unpleasant, but I've seen more than one occasion where they've continued to pursue a debt, even though it has been passed on to another collection agency. this does happen sometimes, but I've seen it enought imes with AIC to assume its either some fault in their bureaucracy, or a deliberate tactic on their part. Ask Natwest who is dealing with the debt and don't deal with AIC.

Sent my CCA request back in September. Had nothing back at all. Just lately been getting phone calls (when Im at work) waiting for them to phone when Im in, should be an interesting conversation!

Cap One (me)

Data Protection Act sent 15/08

Prem letter sent 23/09 £800

Partial offer £312

LBA sent 04/10

File at court 27/11

/B/C (me)

Data Protection Act sent 18/08

Account pre may 04 ordered statements

11/09

B/C (old mans)

Data Protection Act sent 18/08

missing statement letter 29/08

Prem letter sent 26/9 £500 + £1172.00 Est

Nat West (joint)

DPA letter sent 28/07

LBA non-compliance letter 11/09

• 3 weeks later...

Seams like AIC are trying the same old tricks with me! set them my CCA request back in october didn't hear anything back and all the phone calls stoped untill last night when i think quite possibly the rudest woman i have ever spoke to phoned me. I tried telling her that all comunincation should be in writing as i requested and she told me that they had no legal reson to comply with my request!!

needless to say i hung up on her, only for her to phone me back so i could do it again!!

As AIC are working on behalf of RBS would it be worth contacting them to try and resolve any issues or shall i just wait and see what happens as this is the third DCA that they have passed the account to.

These people are such prats.

I had the following conversation with one of them last week that went as follows:

Them: I was ringing to see if you got our letter (standard letter saying we are going to take your house etc)

Me: Yes and I am currently waiting for a reply to my letter (CCA request, which I know they have as it was signed for)

Them: We don't have your letter but you need to sort this out today or I will take action

Me: What action?

Them: Action as we said in our letter

Me: You're going to start court processings?

Them: We are going to take action

This went on for a bit while I tried to find out what this "action" was and then he said

"why did you put the phone down on me this morning"

He had rang my home that morning and my mother has answered and couldn't hear who it was on the other end but then contacted me and gave me the number which I recognised and called back.

He then went off on a rant about recognising my voice and why did I put the phone down. To which I replied that if it was me why would I now bother ringing him back which costs me money rather than talking to him at his cost.

He then said "I'm going to get you" and put the phone down. He was so comedy evil it was funny but very worrying when you think that he must be doing this to other people who don't know the law or don't have the nerve to challenge what they say.

Still have not reply to my CCA letter and saw yesterday when I got home thay had called again - I was almost sorry I missed it.

I have already gone around the houses with this with Moorcroft who clearly handed on when I asked them for the CCA

Well as of the 20 December they commiteed a criminal act. Such idiots!! I have not heard anything from them since the CCA letter arrived at their offices.

I think a letter to trading standards is in order.

When you win, donate!!!

Another instance where a recorded telephone call would have been really helpful.

If someone had said "I'm going to get you" like that to me on the phone, I would bypass TS and go straight to the police. Even if you didn't do that TS would almost certainly be interested. Do you know if this company routinely records telephone conversations? If they do it might be worth sending them a SARN and asking for a recording/ transcript of that conversation.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

Has anyone else had any dealings with this company? I sent my CCA on 2 November so unless they reply to me today they are in default. From reading other threads it seems to me that they think they are above the law.

I have had no response from them since I sent the CCA, no acknowledgement, no telephone call, nothing!

What are their usual tactics?

Regarding the next course of action, is the following correct?

1. If they don't send me a signed copy of the agreement with 12 days, they are in default.

2. If they don't send me a signed copy of the agreement 30 days after the above 12 days are up, the debt becomes unenforceable and they have committed a criminal act.

3. If, after the above has passed, they then send the agreement, do they have to apply to the courts to make the debt enforceable again? But if they did this they would be admitting that they committed a criminal act!

I am not trying to avoid paying this debt, its just that I am disputing this debt with Lloyds TSB and have been for the last 4 years. (Kinda sick of it now!!). But thats a different story!!:x

Can anyone confirm that what I think is right?

Thanks in advance

Spot

I would ignore it. I erm, used to work for them. Total cowboys !

I really do wonder what planet these people are on.

Send off CCA request back at the beginning of Dec so they are well overdue and then last week received letter saying that as I hadn't contacted them they were going to send someone round to my house. So one special delivery letter back to them pointing out that I had been in contact and they should refer to my letter of December and a visit would be considered as harrasment.

Then today get a letter from a one man band solictors in Bradford - Casey & Co saying that they were going to start court proceeding and I should contact their Wakefield Office to sort out and this is where it gets interesting - They don't have a Wakefield Office (checked with the Law Society) but a company called Legal & Recievables do and this is what thier website says about legal letters

Largo - Legal & Receivables

So question who do you think I should write to now - the Solicitor, the new Company, AIC or all three?

I'd complain to Trading Standards.

As an aside it's interesting to note how they think they can get away with bulk processing solicitors' letters. I was under the very strong impression that solicitors had responsibility for the contents of the letters sent out in their name. That site implies that they can just chuck them out willy nilly. Interesting.