Kaily

Severe Disability Premium

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 619 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am in ESA support group and have just been awarded PIP last week.

I live alone and no one claims carers allowance for me so I believe I am entitled to SDP.

On the Gov website it says you don't need to apply as it will be added automatically.

My question is does this actually happen?

It doesn't.

You have to apply for it.

You have to fill in a short form.

And I mean short - it's a few boxes confirming you live alone and that no-one claims carers for you plus, I think, a few other bits.

Edited by dx100uk

Thanks.

Will the form be sent to me or do I need to ask for it?

Probably quickest to phone and ask for the form.

For reference, you only get severe disability premium with income-based ESA, not contribution-based.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I contacted them today, they said a form IS10 had been sent out last week but being as I had called might as well complete the form now online.

Hopefully I will hear in the next week or so..

They had a habit of losing my forms. Contact them within a week or two and see if they've got it.