• Tweets

• Part of the POFA rules for creating a liability to pay a parking co is identifying the land they control so is there another palce of the incorrect name? If so then photographs of the other site will prove that your vehicle cnat possibly have been there as the images they will produce wont match the background etc. If however Bromhall developments is the name of their employer would the land in question be known by the same name for the entire development?   The POC is the usual rubbish and inaccurate one they cribbed from Gladstones so can be attacked in your outline defence.   Now I have googled Broomhall developments and they are an Irish Co that has bult a similar named housing estate in IRELAND. ther is also  a Broomhall gateway development plan for SCOTLAND but nothing in England, let alone Sheffield specifically   defence has to be in a fortnight after the deadline for the AOS assuming you get that in on time.   On google noseyneighbour I can see signs near to the parking bays that say permit holders only so unless you have a permit the signage doesnt apply to youas you would be prohibited fro parking there anyway. So with this in mind were you parked in a bay or on the road? Were you visiting or connected to the property that bay was allocated to and if so can you find out if the bay is part fo the property and noted in the deeds. If it is then it has nowt to do with VCS.   So you are going to grab some pictures and then you compare these to the web site of Broomhall development in ireland and that will be part fo your evidence   Also ask council when the Close was adopted by council as it appears to be a public highway
    • Ericsbrother   If I had the opportunity at the time I would have argued the value on the Court claim, however this wouldn't have changed by a significant amount.  So asking for it to be set aside is probably not going to end this in the long run.   No we don't owe any money to the business.   We have a good set of books and records.  No account filed as of yet.   The company is still 'active' on companies house and has not been dissolved.  We only received the Notice of enforcement a few days ago.       What makes you think they can force entry into a domestic property?      
    • Sorry but I think that it is rather precipitative giving advice – and rather over-generalised advice at that – until we understand more detail about the circumstances.
    • now the terms will specify that they can cancel if weather if bad etc and you have to accept that but by doing so they have to accept that the voucher's term is extended or they must refund for their failure to perform to the contract. essentially you should have asked for a refund on a no fly day and they would have to comply and by continuing to  accept things you were blindly accepting alterations to the original conrcat and that makes things more difficult. i would write again giving them 14 days to refund as they ahve filed to perform to their contractual obligations and then sue them if they still dont cough up. However, this meaqns you must follow through with the threat of cort action so before you start you need to read up on the relevant consumer legislation and also about performance of contracts
    • They say I was on Broomhall Developments, the car was parked on Broomspring Close.  S37XA
  • Our picks

rintyrad

natwest overdraft debt

A couple of years back i was in a mess financially. countless pay day loans etc, there got to a stage where even the pay day loans wouldnt lend to me as i assume my credit score was too bad.

Now i hadnt been able to get an overdraft or anything for years, natwest suddenly offered out of the blue a 2500 pound overdraft, i obviously took it and then managed to top it up up to about 3700 over about a year.

I was on the edge of my overdraft each month and i was paying around 150-200 pounds each month to keep myself below the overdraft limit each time i got paid.

in the end i assume they had had enough and told me they were taking away the overdraft and i had to pay them immediately. i obviously couldnt afford to do that.

I thought i'd chance my arm at an irresponsible lending claim but they flat out refused.

Is it worth taking to the financial ombudsman do we think?

thanks for your help

Tell me more about all these PDLs you had. I saw the one about Square Today - I do not know what to suggest on that one...

As for the FOS - Go for it - It is free to do so...

Do it differently though - Go down the Hardship route and include elements of IRL

I'd say that it's irresponsible borrowing on your part.

Nobody seems responsible for their own actions these days.

I'd say that it's irresponsible borrowing on your part.

Nobody seems responsible for their own actions these days.

Agree but Natwest have more access to info about transactions etc and so can make a more defined decision about who to lend to... If they have maxed out someones overdraft after they had already hit the limit then that should have been the end of it and no further lending should have taken place.

It is on the onus of the Lender to do stringent checks and verify affordability.

Natwest could do so very easily. Its very difficult for someone to get their expenditure wrong etc when the person who is lending is the bank that you bank with :)

So anyway :) Be nice to the OP and be constructive - not restrictive :)

yes go after NatWest

IMHO a good case there

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Think I had 6 in pay day loan defaults at the time I got the overdraft.

I’ve never gone to the ombudsman before exactly what should I send them?

Nope where can I view that.

In regards to the square today thing I just don’t know where to turn I logged a complaint with credit expert thy said they have contacted the lender. But there not going to get a response if they’re shut down

Probably best to just keep this thread dealing exclusively with the NW overdraft Problem ...overdrafts can be recalled at anytime as per the terms and conditions of the offered facility...without reason.

I doubt you will get anywhere with the FOS/irresponsible lending.

Have you made alternative banking arrangements away from the RBS group ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Getting mixed signals some saying do it others saying not do it.

Yes this was a couple of years ago I bank elsewhere now

Andyorch is right - They are able to call it in under T&Cs however there is a slight caveat to that in that they shouldn't be allowed to extend your OD if you already have gone over a certain amount in debit over a defined period.

I reclaimed for Lloyds but i went the Hardship route and it took 3 years to get a result with numerous head buttings... All i would say is that it is free to raise a complaint but make your complaint worth it as if you supply the evidence then the FOS usually rules in favour of the complainant

Good stuff......so what has happened with this overdraft in the meantime ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Good stuff......so what has happened with this overdraft in the meantime ?

The overdraft is closed the account is closed it’s just a debt on my credit file now

whats its defaulted date?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

The overdraft is closed the account is closed it’s just a debt on my credit file now

Okay...and is it still with Rats Nest ? or assigned to a DCA ?

Andy

default date is 31/12/2015 and its with a debt collector

ombudsman said there was no wrong doing in this, just thought id update. i dont think ive ever had anyone chase me for this debt since it was defaulted. natwest dont update the account anymore on my credit file but the default is obviously there. just curious who do they normally sell these debts to. just wondering if ill ever be chased for it.

Well yeh that’s what I’m asking. I’m 90 percent sure I haven’t had any dcas Chase me for this for a couple of years if at all. Just wondering out of curiosity who it might be sat with

ans post 17/20...……..

sorry mate but i dont think it is. i'm looking to find out who natwest sell their debts on to. i don't know which debt collector they have sold mine on to

default date is 31/12/2015 and its with a debt collector

So whose name is against it on your Credit file ? NW may not have sold the debt...they normally instruct the likes of Wetcloths to chase but dont assign it to them.

Andy

no harm in ringing NW and asking??

there is no 'set' dca they sell too

only whomever the fleecer is that buys the debt portfolio you are in.