Lowell Claimform - AA RBS Credit Card

Les77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post it here for checking first.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

1) The Defendant opened a Bank of Scotland (Credit Card) regulated consumer crediticon account under reference xxxxxxxxxxx on 25/09/2008 ('the Agreement').

2) In breach of the agreement, the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated.

3) The agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 17/06/2015 and written notice given to the Defendant.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £5,338.21 remains due and outstanding.

And the claimant claims

a) The said sum of £5,338.21

b) Interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £1.170, but limited to one year, being £427.06

c) costs

Here's my amended defence... hope this is ok?

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had financial dealings with Bank of Scotland . I am unaware of what alleged debt the claimant refers to and have requested further information by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request. The section 78 request has been complied with. The claimant has only partially responded to and is in breach of the CPR 31.14 request.

3. Paragraph 2 is noted and await further information with regards to service of a Default Notice.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied. I do not recall receiving any Notice of Assignment from either assignor or assignee pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

5. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 78 request for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have complied to my section 78 request and remain in default and with regards to my CPR 31.14 request. The claimant with their partial compliance to my CPR 31.14 request have frustrated my attempts to clarify their claim.

6. Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(b)show and evidence that a Default Notice was issued pursuant to sec87.1 CCA1974;

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

7.. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Fine...just edit the blue out...they cant be in breach or default of a CPR request.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

what about PAP andy?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and you had the form as the attachment of post 6 in that thread?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok all done then

nothing more to do

so as post54

and they

Yes I had that form?

And did you complete it and send it back to them and did they respond ?

Just double checking this good to C&P on MCOL?

1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had financial dealings with Bank of Scotland . I am unaware of what alleged debt the claimant refers to and have requested further information by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request. The section 78 request has been complied with. The claimant has only partially responded to the CPR request.

3. Paragraph 2 is noted and await further information with regards to service of a Default Notice.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied. I do not recall receiving any Notice of Assignment from either assignor or assignee pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

5. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 78 request for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have partially complied to my section 78 request. The claimant with their partial compliance to my CPR 31.14 request have frustrated my attempts to clarify their claim.

6. Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(b)show and evidence that a Default Notice was issued pursuant to sec87.1 CCA1974;

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

7.. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Edited

imho they have not fully complied with the section 78 request?

and they

and no statement of account.

p'haps just add have not fully complied with....

also sort your numbering out

2 should be 1

the 1st bit is generic to all so doesn't need numbering

and they

no sadly we had a spate of people going back and editing posts to make cag look silly

so we had to limit it to 10 mins.

and they

no sadly we had a spate of people going back and editing posts to make cag look silly

so we had to limit it to 10 mins.

Fair enough

Defence has been submitted.... and a big thanks to you and Andy for the help :thumb:

I’ve received acknowledgement from the court today.

I’ve also received (from Bank of Scotland) the paperwork from my SAR request and to the best of my knowledge there doesn’t appear to be a DN...

should this have been included?

yes but that's not your problem

its the claimants:lol:

what you do or don't know you KEEP to yourself for now.

its for the claimant to produce documents...

dx

and they

so now you have all the statements you need to reconcile your obv usage of the card?

and they

well get yourself upto speed

and they