BankFodder BankFodder

CuriousBee

BANK CHARGES - Is it too late to reclaim Overdraft fee

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was going though some paper work and found some statements going back 2010-2015 with astronomical charges levied on my current accounts by Lloyds.

I remember sending a letter in 2013 but forgot all about it. Again I sent a letter last year asking for these, but I was told it is too late. But I am just wondering whether to send them a fresh claim stating that although I started the claim in 2013 never got a chance to pursue it due to house moves and other issues.

Do I still have a chance to claim or is there a time limit?

Thanks

CB

you could try the hardship route

Thanks DX.

I do not have any overdrafts now as this was paid off and debt free now. However, I had very hard times when I had this account as the overdraft was high and I was in a very bad state. I did ask them to consolidate my debts at one point and instead they gave me a large overdraft which meant there was not enough money to spend on everything. So I could say it was hardship. But it was a few years ago now so I am not sure if I would still qualify for this.

Has anyone else had this experience or been successful reclaiming on a hardship route. Any comments advice would be greatly appreciated.

CB

The only way you could claim would be if you could show that there was something unfair towards you in the way that the charges had been levied.

For instance, if you had a basic account in which there was no overdraft permitted but they then inflicted charges on you which created an overdraft, to my mind this would be unfair and I think the bank could be challenged.

You need to understand that this is my own view and it has never been tried yet although I have suggested it several times on this forum.

If you have any instances of this or else if you have any instances where the bank blocked any increase in your overdraft but then impose charges which had the effect of increasing your overdraft, then in my view this would fall into the category which I have outlined above.

I did the hardship route with Lloyds and it worked :)

But it took a few years of bashing them around the head to do it...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you BF.

I could try and see, and if they rejected again it is ok at least I have tried a few times. I will need to go through all the paper work first and see if there were any instances where they have been unfair as you said.

Will let you know. Is there a time limit, apart from the 6 year rule?

Thanks again.

CB

Thanks FF.

Good to know that you were successful, and it is encouraging,

I will have another go at them to see what they say.