• Tweets

• should never had ever offered a payment...carrots - never dangle them. we never said do that nor that your were ever liable for any payments on any loans.   scan up what you have received/sent since last post here please lets read what was done rather than a resume please dx      
    • Mediation has been set for this coming Thursday 
    • Sorry, had to swap my shift in order to get the WS done.   Been to the site today and have taken photos..   Just replying to few questions posed earlier by the respectable caggers     1. The NTK was dated 25/6/2019 and yes it was close to the contravention date of 15/6/2019. Because I was moving home, I had my mail on redirection to a relative so cannot be sure when she received it, but I suspect the PPC must have wisened up from past experience and sent it within the 14 day rule and if dated 25th June, it still had 4 days to arrive so I think its probably compliant from a date point of view     2. The Letter of claim was dated 19/11 2019. Claim form 8/7/2020. Therefore 8 months apart.   3. Unsigned template between the PPc and managent company ( Exhibit 1)  IS SIGNED. I have redacted it so it appears unsigned but there is a signature . So although its not a contract, please take note that there is both a name and a signature on it. Its just that I  have redacted it .   4. Double Dipping- I have bank statements showing I went to Nandos/BM and a few more. I know I wasnt in one space for the whole duration but the shopping centre is such that all is connected so providing receipts from various shops wont necessarily proof that I moved the car because all the shops are kind of interconnected. there is a Home Sense which actually appears to have a free parking with no legally binding signages at its entrance. I do remember going there but didnt buy anything. 
    • Sorry, had a meltdown.   Returned the form to the court. Said that I believed the loans wee still deferred but that I was happy enough to make some form of repayment. The court referred back to Shoosmiths who contacted me. Reiterated my belief that the loans should still be deferred but said was "happy enough" to make repayments at the level I would if I was earning above the threshold. Not good enough so offered a slight increase, which I was prepared to do as i had been considering starting repayments anyway. This still wasn't good enough for them.   Long story short, they've done bugger all since until last week, when they sent a letter recorded delivery saying Erudio had instructed them to recommence legal proceedings. They included a form to return to the court to give reasons why the legal action should not resume.   Financially, because of covid, I am worse off now than I was previously (my partner is self employed and her industry has been shut down).   Any thoughts on how to respond? I note that they have not reported to the CRAs.  
    • I'm on pip and in my current property I'm allowed 2 bedrooms 1 for me and 1 for carers 
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Vanquis Credit Card Account Number debt issue

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks it's my first email post so be gentle with your comments please,

The problem I have is that I signed up for a credit card a few years ago (2015)

I was issued with a credit card and received my bills on line, my monthly bill was paid

then in March 2017 I agreed to pay less than usual which took me up to June 2017 and after that I have never paid another penny,

the current status is £2300 but when my life changed in March 2017 I did inform them of my situation and my limit went down to £2100 from the £2500.

Now the main problem I have is that

I applied over the phone for the card

(so I was never asked for a wet ink signature.

The digital signature contract has what states my account number 16 digits ,

on the paperwork I requested Regards a copy of full accounts,

they have the account number as a 19 digit pan.number which is the same number they have as my account is entered in all credit reference agencies .

As well as this they also have another account stating Requested Account Number which is a different number entirely and 16 digits long.

What I would like to know is where do I legally stand with regards to the whole situation,

this is only for 1 account and I have made the company Aware on various occasions

online is quite enforceable

stop reading Freemen of the land stuff.

whose the card with

and when did you take it out please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good

moved to the provi forum.

you wont escape this debt by trying a card number issue

it is post 2007 online sign up. re CCA 2007 amendments

tell us more about your financial situation

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

I have current situation is

I am not working and barely make it by on a week to week basis,

there is not a lot of spare money about and I'm maybe talking £20-30 per month.

What's your opinion???

then offer them say £10PCM if the agree to freeze all charge and interest

theres a suitable letter in the debt collection section of our library.

and they