• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Smart Parking ANPR PCN - Havens Bank Retail Park Exeter - 6th letter - now zenith

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you took this letter as seriously as I did, I love a good bit of comedy.

Apart from the ineundo being hot air they have made several comments that can never be true, bailiffs for example.

I am also impressed that they MAY inform you about taking legal action, NO, they HAVE to or they lose half of any claim as soon as you complain about the breach of civil procedure and that assumes they will win, which of course they wont so they will get 50% of nothing which is still nothing.

I havent seen a zenith letter for a while but whoever put this on the autoscribe needs dogknotting, it really is terrible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did:-D They really don't seem to realise how limp wristed and pathetic all these letters make them look. IF it had been from the police it would have all been done and dusted months back!

The government really should do something about it as its such a waste of paper!:madgrin:

The government really should do something about it as its such a waste of paper!:madgrin:

They're trying... https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

there is always a problem when it comes to legislation that involves money,

it boils down to times of yore when money was the law so all law was based around letting rich people keep theirs.

Didnt really change until WW1 when people suddenly became a scarce commodity and bolshevism looked like a real possibility with 3 million armed men upset at being treated worse than dirt.

Votes for women was only a small part of the emancipation, it more importantly gave the vote to men who didnt own their own property who were previously disenfranchised

• 3 weeks later...

ref no. showing hidden

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That letter is NOT from Gladrags.

It's from Desperate Recovery Pass dressed in a Gladrags party frock. If it was from Gladrags, they'd be wanting you to pay them (rather than DRPL) so that they can get their cut out of your money.

This tactic of 'rent-a-letterhead' from a solicitors is completely against SRA rules, but no one at the SRA seems to give a fudge. So both DRPL and Gladrags exploit it to try and scare you in to paying them the money that you don't owe.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thanks for the reply, you always make it very entertaining. BUT surely then by using others firms letter heads illegally they would fall at the first hurdle in any unlikely court case?

No, because it's not a LBA. It's just another tactic in the (supposed) debt recovery chain. If you read the letter again and take no notice of the flowery language, it's still full of "if", "might", "option", "consider" and doesn't say that anyone WILL do anything. They word these things very carefully so that they're not doing anything that's outright illegal, but only bending the rules to just before the moment that they snap.

I've just had another glance through this thread and you'll see that I predicted exactly this move in Post #6. They're well known for it.

• 1 month later...

The last time I heard from Gladstones was on 9th April, this is the longest time its been without hearing anything, up until now it had been about once a month since the original DRP Nov 17 letter. Maybe they have given up??

you still havent got it to sink in yet,

dca;s get paid to send out their tripe,

what has happened is they have not been given any more money to write this twaddle.

that doesnt automatically mean that Smart have given up but they have spent a few quid on nothing.

Now tell us what you have learnt from other posts and cases at Havens bank?

Its sinking in, it was just a loose comment really and maybe like you mentioned back in mid April, maybe this charade won't carry on after the 26th May.

It was with that in mind really that I posted my comment.

do a word search and you will see a number of posts about this place and mostly they are about the broken ticket machine or other problems that are entirely Smart's own doing.

when you have digested these you may feel equipped to take the matter further and find out who the landowner is and harangue them for letting a bunch of crooks loose on the public.

The council will know who the landowner is and so will the valuations agency if business rates are paid on the place ( that might be an interesting one to follow up)

• 4 weeks later...

I am now regarding my case as having died a death,

nothing from the idiots now since 9th April,

until then it was on average once a month since Nov17,

all very entertaining and I have collected quite a file,

they haven't been able to collect anything from me as I never scribbled a single word or took the effort to phone them so as far as they know I don't even exist!!

Maybe as someone in this thread mentioned the new privacy laws have messed them up more than they were already.

Oh well I suppose I better keep my file for a while yet incase they start squealing about again anytime soon!!

There has been loads of excellent advice on this forum and my advice for what its worth would be NEVER contact them at all, it puts them into a right quandary!!

Edited by dx100uk
merge

early days yet they have 6yrs

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

keep all the paperwork safe for at least 2 years as sometimes these companies get desperate and start sending out a new round of letters then.

this usually happens when they join those upright group at the IPC and they are ignorant on Will and John's record of screwing up court claims and losing their clients money.

once they have received a kick in the crackers a couple of times they tend to drop the rest and realise that they have been done over by soft soap.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 4 months later...

new thread please

and they