Smart Parking ANPR PCN - Havens Bank Retail Park Exeter - 6th letter - now zenith

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a ticket at the Havens bank car park Exeter and I have ignored every single letter since November 2017, they are now saying I MAY be threatened with court action!!

My position is I don't know exactly when the first letter came as I parked on the 02/11/17 then on the 5th

went on a cruise for a month

so only saw the first letter on my return!

(It sounds iffy but thats my genuine excuse)

Since then there have been various letters on 13/12/17, 02/01/18, 17/02/18 and 08/02/18 the final letter says its my final chance to pay but they are giving me extra time until 22/02/18 to pay.

I have never contacted them regarding any of this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Since November I have had 6 letters from Smart parking asking for payment of £160 because I was 14 mins late back to the car!

I haven't responded to any of them at all so have in no way admitted responsibility.

These letters range from 8/11/17 to 8/02/18 in each one they are saying its my final chance to pay and now the latest letter to come last week is from Zenith Collections saying I have until 16/03/18 to pay the £160 or I may be taken to court.

Do I carry on ignoring or is that not very clever?

Well, you certainly don't contact the DCA. You've ignored them up til now, may as well carry on with that same course of action and wait and see if they play another hand.

Zenith Collections is just Daft Recovery + in a party frock.

It may go quiet after that letter, or you may get a further letter purporting to be from a Solicitors. Daft Recovery like to 'borrow' Gladstones headed paper. Completely against SRA rules of course, but these companies don't play by the normal rules that everyone else has to follow, unfortunately, they're all just slippery enough to get away with it, most of the time.

We'll wait to see if there's anything else once you've filled in the sticky and posted your answers to this thread.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

what we need to know is where the parking event took place (exact location) and when (exact time and date).

The date of the first letter and the date you received it and the dates of the subsequent communications.

Ideally post up the first letter (NTK) with your personal details and all reference number redacted but the dates all left on.

You can ignore Zenith, as dca's all they cabn do is write scary letters and they wont be taking you to court, they will be recommending their client does.

Also ask yourself, if you owed someone £100 why are they now asking for £160 when you havent signed a credit agreement with them?

there is a link in post 5 clickit and answer the questions please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

numerous random posts moved to your existing thread

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Date of the infringement 02/11/17

The date on the first letter with the photographic evidence is 08/11/17

but I was away on a cruise from the 04/11/17 until 27/11/17 so I can't really say when it arrived.

I haven't appealed or contacted Smart parking with any responce what so ever!

The car park is Havens Bank retails park Exeter, Devon

The first letter of 08/11/17 with photographic evidence asked for payment of £54 but if not received within 14 days it would then be £90,

the second letter of 13/12/17 it had shot up to £160,

then again on 02/01/18 it was still £160,

then on 17/01/18 the letter was an offer to pay by instalments,

then on 08/02/18 it was a final chance to pay, that was the end of the letters headed Smart Parking.

Then early March(can't be quite sure of the date as its not on the letter)

a letter from Zenith collections giving me until 16/03/18 to pay the £160 or their client MAY decide to take me to court.

I should say my ticket expired at 15.25 and the time recorded when I left the carpark was 15.39 and with my maths that 14 mins.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

there should be atleast a 10mins grace period to allow parking walking to read signs driving in/out etc

and they

then when you get a pre action letter from Smart or a firm of solicitors you cab use this as part of your reasoing as to why they should go swivel.

Haven bak is well knwo for machinery errors and they know this. Find some of the other posts on the site here and copy them so you can use them against Smart.

Its interesting from the letter on 8/11/17 to 13/12/17 it had shot up to £160 with no mention that it would do this in the previous letter if I didn't pay.

I realise now from reading various threads they are notorious for this but surely that can't be above board.

Hi

As has been mentioned, this particular car park has generated a lot of threads in the last couple of weeks.

As the time for appeal is long gone, I would just sit it out. the only time for action is if/when court papers turn up. They very rarely take court action. Last year they issued nearly 400,000 tickets yet took action in just 18 cases. There are no details on tickets issued this year but they have taken action in 10 cases. There is no data to how many cases were won or lost. That should tell you a lot about them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I don't wish to sound too paranoid:!: but could it be the case that because I have never contacted them that makes me more of a target for them to go through with their threats or is it just totally random?:|

I wouldn't worry.

and they

by keeping quiet they think you may be a fool.

Better that than open your mouth and prove them right.

Let them huff and puff and waste their money but be prepared to write a suitable stiff letter when the time comes.

They know they have problems but hope that you are unaware of the scale of it.

As said, there are another half a dozen posts about the same place so if they get past the DCA stage of letter writing then you tell them in no uncertain terms that you know they are fraudsters by misrepresenting their position.

I don't wish to sound too paranoid:!: but could it be the case that because I have never contacted them that makes me more of a target for them to go through with their threats or is it just totally random?:|
Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 2 weeks later...

I have my latest offering from the lunatics at Zenith. They are being very nice and giving me yet more time to pay, the deadline is now 02/04/18 and then yet again they will consider legal action.

If they do decide legal action the solicitor off the court will write to me to let me know!

I did try attaching the letter in the advanced section but didn't have much luck.

If they do decide legal action the solicitor off the court will write to me to let me know

read it properly...

read upload

and they

Read upload

The lunatics at Zenith are the same lunatics as Daft Recovery Pass but in fancy dress. Sort of like a "dress down Friday", but without cakes :lol:

It doesn't say that they will consider legal action I'd bet. It's more likely to say "we'll recommend to our clients that they take legal action" blah blah waffle.

As usual with these clowns, ignore away :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Zenith are going to do jack , they are rentathreats and say anything to get you to pay them becasue otherwise their little world will be very poor.

IF Smart are stupid enough to want to lose some money in a court case then they or their solicitor will have to write to you first explaining why they thnk you owe money and how much.

Now they have abit of a problem with this as well as they will be losing money after all of their costs if they tell the truth but are likely to lose anyway if they dont tell the truth.

So you might get another letter from someone else after the 2nd april or they will cut their losses and go an bother someone else.

We have a response should they want to write again so stop sweating about the toothless wonders they have employed so far