ARC/Major Law harassment over Bannatynes membership, HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening,

In the middle of January 2018 I received a telephone call from ARC requesting £112 for unpaid gym membership from 2015.

I recalling talking to the receptionist at Bannatynes when I wanted to cancel my membership and was advised that I needed to give one month's notice.

I did this via their head office on the telephone where they said one more month's payment would be taken and then by membership would cease.

After the last payment was taken via DD I cancelled so they could not take any further payments.

I received numerous telephone calls from who I believe was ARC as they called intitially on a mobile number, I have not answered since.

Today 6/03/18 I have received a letter from Major Law advising unless they hear from me in 14 days they will seek their clients instructions regarding issuing a County Court Claim against me at Northampton County Court for the recovery of this amount.

Debt balance £112

Court fee £25

Solicitors costs £50

Annual interest £8.96

Total £195.96

Where do I stand with this? I have no written evidence that I cancelled my membership and no access to bank statements from 2015

Any advise would be greatly reieved

Regards

Vic

you've done everything right

you can safetly ignore everyone.

and STOP talking on the phone.

I've moved you to the gym forum

lots of like threads to read here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They wont do ANYTHING.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Get onto social media and embarras the gym on there, lodge a formal complaint with the gym regarding the harassment, which they condone.

IGNORE silly ARC/Minor Lawless, keep a diary of events regarding the criminal offence of harassment.

Also make a formal complaint to the FCA regarding the gym and it's harassment of customers.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

that's the ONLY thing ANY DCA can do MM on ANY debt

if you read their letters CAREFULLY

you'll see they don't say WILL anything

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the calls are on your mobile, then simply block them, the actual truth is that there is no-one on the end of those calls, it's a dumb computer, when you answer and speak, then a human will talk to you.

They have no idea how many calls their system is making, so it is ALWAYS good to remind them that their system falls foul of the protection from harassment act, and the malicious communications act, first one being a criminal offence, guarantee the calls stop then.

Like I say, keep a diary of events, log everything, then you have the ammo to embarrass them and take to your local MP.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've had constant calls and a couple of emails I've the past few days, all added to a diary I'm keeping as suggested.

If they were to go to court, would this affect my credit rating.

Regards

Vic

nope its not credit

but the CCJ IF they win would yes

and they

Just remember no gym has done court since they lost miserably several years ago

and they

Hi MrMo and welcome to CAG

Major Law used to deal with hundreds of Harlands gyms cases but they stopped getting involved a couple of years back - probably because we advised every CAGger to tell Major Law where to get off !!

There was another "law" firm, Spratt Endicott, who were regularly used for alleged gym debts but they stopped handling Harlands cases because we told everyone to ignore them, or threaten them with the SRA.

This will not go near a court, based on our experience over the last 10 years. They'll threaten lots but do nothing !

However, if you want to stop the harassment more proactively, we're always looking for folk we will assist in taking the gym and ARC Europe to court for harassment.

Let us know if you're genuinely interested and we'll help you kick bottom !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)