Souter vs Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive done it

Just submited my claim, Claiming £1378.09 in total. Will be well worth the £120 court fee if all goes well.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress and i dare say the many question i will have for you lot.

Cheers

T

Received 2 letters, on dated 13th november which was the standard letter along the lines of "no / we dont agree/ our finalresponse". I then put in my claim online and it was sent to them on the 21st. I have now received a 2nd letter dated the 21st from the same dept saying " they have got my complaint, how sorry they are, for me to get in touch if i there is anymore info i want them to have and if i dont send anymore info they will carry out their investigation with the info they have. Also that they expect to complete their enquires within the next 2 weeks and if there is a delay they will let me know when to expect a full response to my complaint.

Is this a standard reply also?

Cheers

T

• 2 weeks later...

I have recevied the acknowledgment of service from the court today. Is it worth calling the solicitors to as what their intentions are, and is it worth pre-empting their request for a stay by sending a letter to the court.

Also at what point does it get transfered to my local court?

Cheers

T

You could do timmy - have you included a schedule of charges with your claim request.

I waited until I sent my AQ once they had entered a defence and gave them a call a couple of days later to check they received it and requested a copy of theirs - they said settlement letter is on the way should have arrived today.

The case gets transferred once they have submitted a defence and they will send you an allocation questionairre with the transfer details. But this won't be until Lloyds have used up their 28 day allowance!!

The Journey So Far. . . .

28/08/06 - Data Protection letter sent

03/10/06 - Satements received

03/10/06 - Preliminary letter sent

21/10/06 - Letter Before Action sent

04/11/06 - Claim registered on MCOL

14/11/06 - Claim acknowledged

29/11/06 - Claim defended

30/11/06 - AQ completed and sent

06/12/06 - Settlement letter promised by SC&M Solicitors

08/12/06 - Full settlement offered with terms - deleted these and returned

24/12/06 - Full settlement received in my account!!

have a look at reloads thread also on here somewhere I remember he called the solicitors before sending back the AQ and they paid!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/6182-reload-lloyds-settlement-offered-3.html

The Journey So Far. . . .

28/08/06 - Data Protection letter sent

03/10/06 - Satements received

03/10/06 - Preliminary letter sent

21/10/06 - Letter Before Action sent

04/11/06 - Claim registered on MCOL

14/11/06 - Claim acknowledged

29/11/06 - Claim defended

30/11/06 - AQ completed and sent

06/12/06 - Settlement letter promised by SC&M Solicitors

08/12/06 - Full settlement offered with terms - deleted these and returned

24/12/06 - Full settlement received in my account!!

They have entered their defence today. Obviously cant read it on line, so have called money claim and they said its in the post today 1st class.

Wonder what their defence will be? Will ring them once ive read it to see if they settle.

Cheers

T

Wonder what their defence will be?

Standard 9 or 14 point defence.

Will ring them once ive read it to see if they settle.

They are no longer requesting a months stay to settle on their AQ, so I would imagine you'll be wasting your time

Called SMC today and advised i was on my way to the court to hand in my AQ and that i was calling them to ask if they wished to settle before i handsed it in.

A very abrupt woman advised me that they had no instruction to settle and it was up to me if i handed my AQ in or not. She seemed to have very little time for me and couldnt wait to get off the phone.

Dont know why they have such an attitude

Cheers

T

• 2 weeks later...

Hi timmy

yes you should send one to SCM, as for the attitude they have a serious bad one, ive had many a phone calls withthem where they really dont give a stuff, i was also told i wouldnt get my evidence bundle from them and what was i complaining about as it would go in my favor,

• 3 weeks later...

If it is a preliminary hearing no need for the bundle, but you should be familiar with its contents in the event the judge asks you general questions.

Are you sure it is a preliminary hearing, it seems very far in the future - 20 April. It maybe helpful it you posted the entire order / directions.

Personally I would never phone SCM, they are the Lloyds' in house lawyers, they will settle when they are ready and as you have already realised they are generally not very helpful or indeed polite.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.