spm v halifax - court claim form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am trying to fill in the court claim form as shown in user guide step 7, i understand that you fill in the "main details" but in the brief details of claim :

is there a particular sentence you should put to draw their attention to an additional sheet which has the details on as shown "copy and paste this" also in step 7 - user guide

where it says value - is this charges you are claiming plus court costs plus interest?

Also do i inform the halifax again that I have issued court claim

thanks

Hi I am trying to fill in the court claim form as shown in user guide step 7, i understand that you fill in the "main details" but in the brief details of claim :

is there a particular sentence you should put to draw their attention to an additional sheet which has the details on as shown "copy and paste this" also in step 7 - user guide

where it says value - is this charges you are claiming plus court costs plus interest?

Also do i inform the halifax again that I have issued court claim

thanks

Are you doing an N1 or MCOL - and can you link to me the cut and paste sentence you refer to?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

The brief detailsareas follows

Return of charges and interest on charges taken by defendant from claimants bank account which are contrary to common law.

Value

Amount of calim befor court costs

Fill in box with totals

Copy and paste POC and amend to suit your details

Set out your calculation

Amount of charges and interest xxxxxxxx

Amount of S69 Interest xxxxxxx

Amount Claimed xxxxxx

Court Fee xxxxxx

Total Amount xxxxxx

Print 3 copies and attach schedule of charges to each - take/post to court with fee.

Hope this helps.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

thanks think i will have to leave out the interest looked at spreadsheets time after time and cannot figure them out, bit of a blow really cos the claim is for over £4300.00 in bank charges (not overdraft)

Thanks gizmo

PS should i inform Halifax i have taken them to court

No when i first claimed and sent schedule of charges i just typed on sheet date and amount of charges - as i say i have looked at the spreadsheets and read other threads on the subject - just get mental blockage on them and couldnt do them

No when i first claimed and sent schedule of charges i just typed on sheet date and amount of charges - as i say i have looked at the spreadsheets and read other threads on the subject - just get mental blockage on them and couldnt do them

Ok - but you wil ltry and work out the 8%? Let me know if I can help

Hi again, this is what i have done so far

3.10.06 sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter

17.10.06 sent REQUEST FOR PAYMENT LETTER

31.10.06 sent LBA

received letters in meantime from Halifax - usual blah blah letters

now time for COURT CLAIM I am hand delivering to local court but when I originally sent of the schedule of claims i typed out dates and amount of charges applied to my account (charges as notified) on sheet of paper so i never worked out any interest - dont know how to claim the 8% i cannot work out spreadsheets no matter how many times i try - my claim is in excess of £4000.00 so 8% could be beneficial to me - any help would be appreciated is it simply 8% of total charge even though these charges have accrued from the year 2000 to 2006 - thanks to anyone who can help

is it simply 8% of total charge even though these charges have accrued from the year 2000 to 2006

No, it's not that easy. The 8% has to be calculated on each separate charge from the date of that charge to the date you file. So if you have 50 charges, there are 50 separate calculations needed.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

right now i am getting frustrated didnt realise i was so thick - i have gone onto the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html and followed instructions I think!! by going into "file" and "copy spreadsheet" and nothing happens - please help going mad now Thanks

There is an on-line calaculator here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

enter each charge and date and it will make a list, BUT it is only calculating the interest at 7.3% instead of 8% and you can't save it, you have to copy and paste. But as a last resort it may be better than nothing.