BankFodder BankFodder

vengeancedemon

Lowells /B-Card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3457 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just curious, I have had a long running discussion with Lowells who were in the last in line re a BC card account. No one has satisfied a CCA etc, Lowells produced a "Hello" letter, 2 years ago, but no "goodbye " from BC.

As far as I can see, from Lowells a letter saying NFA- passed back to OC ( err they own the debt?)

Today, a generic set of T & C from BCard which for starters, I do not believe are applicable to the date of the card start, but zero possible details etc. B/Card mahe reference to the account is still outstanding etc moan moan moan

Now, surely, IF B/Card have sold the account to Lowells, surely they wouldnt buy it back? it has passed from B/card, I "owe" them nothing and is, I would think, now in limbo, until the next pond life comes along and tries it on

Or am I missing something?

Thoughts gratefully received

I suspect that debt was assigned to Lowell, not bought by them. My understanding is that Lowell would have had a contract for x period of time, to chase for debt and at the end of contract it gets passed back to the creditor.

So you are at an impasse. Bcard don't have the paperwork, as if they did Lowell would have pursued this.

Suggest that you sit this out. Bcard will contract another DCA to chase this in due course.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for that, but having just re-checked my paperwork, I have a written confirmation that "Lowell Financial purchased the debt from BarclayCard"

As you rightly say, no one has been able to produce even an application form, so if Lowells sell this on, they have breached all sorts of things including the S10 of the Data Protection Act served on them a while back?

Thank you for that, but having just re-checked my paperwork, I have a written confirmation that "Lowell Financial purchased the debt from BarclayCard"

As you rightly say, no one has been able to produce even an application form, so if Lowells sell this on, they have breached all sorts of things including the S10 of the Data Protection Act served on them a while back?

This confuses me, as I have heard that sometimes these debt companies don't clarify the exact position as to the ownership. Did Lowell actually purchase the debt itself or only the right to collection activity as assignees under a contract ?

In your case, I think it must be the former and Lowell have made a mistake in their documents. Why would BC take the debt back, having sold it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Part and parcel of the murky goings on in the DBSG and DCA world I'm afraid, it is unlikely that lowlifes bought the debt, as if they had, and all the rights to it, then BC would have been paid a pittance from lowlife for it and BC would have been reimbursed the amount of the debt by it's insurance and tax relief, so for them to buy it back again IMO would be tantamount to fraud.

So it is likely that lowlifes were simply acting as the gophers for BC and returned the account back to them when they failed, yet again, miserably to collect.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I had this with Crapot and Goldfish...Crapot bought the debt but admitted Goldfish had said they could not provide a CCA, they then informed me the account had been recalled to Goldfish, when I queried this with Crapot they said this often happens...I have heard nothing more from anybody in over 2 years, and my credit file has not been updated..so I think my account is in limbo (and long may it stay there :D )

Well, lowells letter from Lowells Portfolio 1 states quite clearly that the BC account has been sold to Lowell Portfolio 1 and that Lowell financial have been appointed as dully authorised collection agent

So, why do they need to go to BC for documents ( rhetorical question)

They are just confirming that they are a useless bunch of no-name-nothing lying conniving cheating cR*p

My thoughts.

As part of the sale contract between BC and the Leeds Losers, there may be a caveat that if the lowlifes can't get payment from the debtor, they could sell it back to BC. Purely a guess of course.

How about, the creditor tells the DCA that they have all the paperwork when if fact they haven't (breach of contract??) so when someone asks for their agreement and the original creditor cannot produce, the DCA has the right to sell it back

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Cor, sounds like the sort of Macheavellian process that our dearly beloved late and not lamented Govt and possibly the current shower might indulge in

Isnt this sort of conduct challengeable and illegal? probably not !!!

Isnt this sort of conduct challengeable and illegal? probably not !!!

Just the British Finance Industry at its very best :p

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Mind you, if Lowells do pass this on to A N Other, I will rip their Bolls off as they have breached a S10 DPA amongst other things, I will make these preeks suffer badly !