BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So with a long working history, which she can evidence, it should not be a problem. Still have to go though HRT process for any benefit application, if they have been out of the UK for more than 6 weeks. It won't be a smooth process though. Suggest they try to get advice via Embassy, before they start any journey.
    • Dep Thx Eric's Brother. There was a person on this forum who told me his case was thrown out at the same court because of the contract. I requested more info, but he has disappeared since his case was dismissed.  I was just wondering whether it was worth whacking off a letter to IPS pointing out one of their members, using their logo, is making a claim based on illegal signage and other issues in contravention of their Code of Practice. Would they lean on VCS to withdraw, do you think?
    • Mother and father worked here and then went to SA in about 1978 returning to UK in about 1996 and worked here until 2016 when her husband died at age 66.  He was still working at the time.  She then went to live with daughter in SA.  Mother only claims for her pension. 
    • Thanks, I owe the money, no issue with that, I will SAR the company.  If I need to just pay it and have the CCJ for a few years so be it.  Just thought I'd explore all options
    • By the way you wrote that post, i can see that you are as confused by the situation as someone reading it. Important advice must be not to pay for any flights etc, until they understand the situation fully. Those that have British passports could be entitled to receive UK benefits. However, nothing is that straightforward. The passport does guarantee anything. The daughter could be entitled to Universal Credit ( which includes housing) as a British passport holder, but this can only be confirmed when she has gone through the Habitual Residency test (HRT). So you will need to read about HRT for British passport holders returning to the UK. There will be requirements to provide information about why they are returning to the UK and what work searches have they done to find work on their return to the UK. In regard to the mother who has a British passport, you will be correct in presuming that no council is going to be helpful in paying for the care home fees immediately on arrival in the UK. When did the mother last live in the UK ? When did the mother last work in the UK ? British embassy in South Africa may be able to provide information and assist with applications ? Just getting on a plane, landing in the UK and expecting help to resolve their situation, would be a silly thing to do. I can see the mother ending up in an NHS hospital for a period, while people wondered how they were going to deal with the situation. Probably not the first to do this, but if the mother also has a South African passport, they could put her on a plane back to SA and then the Daughter would be a difficult situation. Embassy in South Africa must be first place of advice.
  • Our picks

stevehatesbankers

VCS PCN Claimform - operator photos - no stopping Gallagher Leisure Park [email protected]

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 326 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just received a NTK from these chancers for allegedly Stopping in a Zone where stopping is prohibited.

It was near Scun thorpe Football Club.

I certainly didnt see any signs highlighting this.

I have read numerous posts on here about ignoring

however, I dont want any negative marks on my credit file.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi .. I have moved your post to the Private Parking Forum so that you will get better help. Keep posting here.

Can you answer the questions here please

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

And post up the ntk, suitably redacted and in pdf format, please....

Exact location plus dates of event and date you got the demand as well please. They are most important

For windscreen tickets (NTD) please answer the following questions.

1 The date of infringement? February 2018

2 Did you appeal to the parking company?

If yes, has there been any response?

If no, have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Just received so haven't appealed it yet. An NTK received and photo evidence provided

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) Contravention Reason 46) Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] N/A as yet

5 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services Limited - Site name Gallagher Leisure Park

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 17/02/2018

2 Date on the NTK 23/02/2018

3 Date received 28/02/2018

we only needed the text so ive copied it to your post

can you scan the NTK please to PDF

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

When people ask for the exact date we want that and the time as well.

you MUST READ carefully what is asked or you will end up with problems of your own making.

Now start again with the letter they sent you through the post or the ticket affixed to your vehicle or give us the details so date, time, exact place, what contractual condition you allegedly breached etc, who the parking co is and whether they have put the correct loaction on their letter

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I didnt think you would need exact times etc.

Do these companies not trawl the forums to see who is seeking assistance

I have looked at the site in question with Google Street view and I can see nothing so a visit to the site is in order for you to get pictures of any signage there. All I can see is a cabin at the entrance and a sign stating something about access for the emergency services. This area is at the Odeon cinema but the camera car did not go into the site as it's private land.

On the cabin is a small parking sign (far too small to form any contract) I also cannot see any ANPR cameras at the entrance so that is another thing for you to look for.

As this is VCS, they don't use PoFA to chase the keeper. They assume the driver is also the keeper and follow that blindly. If this went to court they would have a hard job saying you were the driver even though you are the keeper as anyone can drive your car if you allowed it and as long as they had their own insurance which would then give them third party cover. You don't even have to tell the judge that you were the driver.

Once we see pictures from the site, more advice will be given

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

it doesn't matter they read here

infact its an advantage

then as soon as they recognise a case they are more likely to drop the matter as they know that you will cost them money.

We asked for somehting that is critical and have asked twice so post it up or you wont get any help that means anything.

It is not about parking any more, it is about contracts and they have to jump through a lot of hoops to create one that means anything so the more we know about that the easier it is to show you where they have gone wrong.

I didnt think you would need exact times etc.

Do these companies not trawl the forums to see who is seeking assistance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They cannot force anyone to name the driver as it is a Civil not criminal matter, so their favourite cases do not and cannot apply so Elliott V Loake, and AJH Films are not applicable no matter what they claim.

As to Norwich Pharmacal to force the driver to be named, too expensive and useless for that purpose.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have managed to find the place where the alleged infringement took place. It is around the Old Farmhouse pub which is near to the rear or the Travelodge. Not easy to find. I suspect there was a camera car around. Did you park in the pub car park? That is the only place I can see any CCTV.

As it stands, I can remember no cases where VCS have taken court action using the no stopping rule

As it stands, I can remember no cases where VCS have taken court action using the no stopping rule

They have tried it at least once. VCS v Phillip. C9DP2D6C @ Liverpool CC 07/12/2016

It did not end well for them :lol:

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

They have tried it at least once. VCS v Phillip. C9DP2D6C @ Liverpool CC 07/12/2016

It did not end well for them :lol:

Bookmarked with thanks. I don't remember seeing that one before :-)

Hi Silverfox, it is the road leading up to the Farmhouse pub. It wasnt in the car park

The signs along that road are prohibitive in nature (NO STOPPING) therefore there can be no 'meetings of mind' and as such, only the landowner can sue and for trespass only which if no damage was done then a nominal £1 is all the landowner could get.

I don't see this getting anywhere near a courtroom.

I would ignore everything but court papers. Let them waste their money on chasing you. IF it does get that far, it would be either Gladstones or BW Legal doing the leg work but when it comes to actual court, they get very shaky because they know that a well defined counterclaim or even a simple defence would see them off.

Yep, if you get a letter from the solicitors it will be sensibkle to respond to that pointing out the problems with their clients claim and the fact that they know this from previous experience and you expect them to obet the SRA and court protocols and warn ther client they have no claim

Thanks Silverfox and ericsbrother. I will ignore for now. Will keep you informed of any further correspondence

Well surprise, surprise, the second letter has arrived increasing the fine to £100 stating it has to be paid within 14 days of issue. They have also requested the name and address of the driver of the vehicle

they cna request it, no obligation or inference if you dotn oblige

Fine?? Doesnt say that does it?