BankFodder BankFodder

rm2018

Orange EE/Lowell/BW Legal mobile phone default - ccj threat

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 689 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a default for £377 on my credit file registered on 19/11/2013, at the time by Orange/EE and now by Lowell, since they bought the debt.

Lowell and now BW Legal are now requesting I pay £1,564.03. This amount is comprised of £377.23 airtime and early termination fee of £1,186.80 or they will proceed with an application for CCJ.

I understand I cannot request a copy of the original contract as if it not governed under the CCA so I can’t check the termination charges terms and conditions. Are they able to get a CCJ for the full £1564.03 even though I thought it was £377 for years as that was what was reported on my file and is there anything I can do to argue this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

no they are not they rarely win see our successes forum.

8. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

• Confused 1