Esa ? Ghost shareholder

onestressedwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will the accountant provide you with any dividends/payments etc from the business, as this is what will be important for the ESA claim?

If no money is received as a shareholder/secretary then in theory you should be ok, a decision maker would probably want to review it though to make sure.

Hi

The dificulty I see is if you are going to be a Ghost Shareholder of that Ltd company what % of shares in the company will you hold and you do realise you will be named on company accounts etc even though a ghost shareholder.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

The dificulty I see is if you are going to be a Ghost Shareholder of that Ltd company what % of shares in the company will you hold and you do realise you will be named on company accounts etc even though a ghost shareholder.

And also think of problems down the line, if something happens to the company, relationship issues etc. Suddenly your ghost shareholder role becomes a legal nightmare that you never thought would occur.

In regard benefits, you would have to declare this financial interest and submit paperwork to DWP showing value of any shareholding, dividends payable. This would be passed to a decision maker who might take a few months to decide. Then in the future if you are still on ESA, this will be reviewed at some point, meaning more paperwork would need to be sent off to be checked by DWP.

You would have to weigh all of these issues up and decide whether on balance being a ghost shareholder is a good thing or not. Is it worth the hassle ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What is a 'ghost shareholder'?

I'm familiar with 'shadow director'........

A shareholder is a shareholder, and (unless different classes of share, such as preference shares, have been issued), each shareholder has the same rights to dividends / distribution of assets on the winding up of the company, per share.

It is true, though, that owning different thresholds of share can provide additional rights on e.g. voting / forcing through resolutions or proposing draft resolutions / actions.

If this is a tax issue, can the spouse not transfer the non-working spouse's allowance anyway?.

As for NI, shareholders don't pay NI on dividends ....... that would be a factor only if the company was paying you salary, and being an employee (salary) and being a shareholder (dividend) are two different independent statuses; you can be an employee and not a shareholder, vice versa, or can be both, or neither!.