BankFodder BankFodder

onestressedwoman

Help with T&C's

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 690 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

My husband has recently been taken for a ride by a customer as his contracts were only a gentlemens agreement. (And there really isn't any gentlemen anymore it would seem)

He has drawn up T&C's wondering if anyone could look them over to check they are ok?

I'm not sure if we can provide help drafting a legal contractual document here, however – you say that some previous contract was only a "gentleman's agreement". Almost all contracts are legally enforceable even if they are unwritten and maybe you would like to let us know a little bit more about the problem you had with your previous customer.

Bank Fodder

Thank you for your response, he doesn't need them drafted just needs someone to read over his draft.

May not be possible but worth asking hey :)

Previous customer ask him to get order in paving and then refused to pay for it and cancelled the job

Tell us about the previous customer. I would have thought if a customer order something and then cancels it so that the supplier suffers a loss then the customer would be liable. It doesn't need any formal contract to support this kind of liability

No customer requested he ordered stock which then had to be imported but no written record of request and now supplier is on his case about when the stock is going to be paid for and delivered the customer has then back out of the work all together - T&C's only to protect him in future

Terms and conditions will make absently no difference if a customer makes an order and there is nothing to show that he made the order – either in writing or verbally.

You don't need terms and conditions. All you need is to make sure that you get the order in writing or that you have a telephone recording of the order.

Does your customer deny that he ordered the item? What value are we talking about here?

So, has he denied making the order?

Yeah - and has walked away from the works also not even changed the product for a cheaper one - some people are just squids

I'm thinking how you can mitigate your loss as i'm sure running a business you are. Is it viable financially to return the order to the supplier to cut the big loss of £10k?

Not so much that but lose all credibility with the supplier need water tight Terms and conditions to stop this happening ever again

Ah right I understand the conundrum. Hopefully you can utilise the order for another project or sell the quantity on. My thoughts would be to contact a solicitor who can guide you on compiling an agreement for future transactions.