BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 691 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently visited Brecon Cathedral and due to unforseen circumstances must have been a few minutes late back to my car.

A week later I received a parking demand of £60 for Minster Baywatch Parking.

I wasn't very happy but immediately paid the fine online.

I didn't receive a confirmation email so checked on my online bank account and found the payment in Pending Transactions so thought all was ok.

Four weeks later I received a letter saying I hadn't paid and now had to pay £155.

It also stated that if I didn't pay they would forward the debt to a debt collection agency.

You cannot contact the company by telephone so I telephoned my bank.

They said that if the money is is not collected from the account, the pending transaction will disappear without trace.

I then paid the £155 bill online as I had no proof that I had previously paid the £60 online.

I feel that Minster Baywatch have deliberately not collected the payment from my bank so that they could then almost triple the charge without any comeback on them.

I wondered if anyone else had had this problem and what if anything they could do about it.

I have emailed Minster Baywatch but had no reply

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Yea, we know about Minster Baywatch and are not likely to recommend paying them. :D

I'll move you to the private parking forum and leave you a link to follow. People will be along with advice for you.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm afraid to say that you've just been conned out of £155 when you probably didn't owe them a single penny.

Unfortunately, there's no great chance of you ever seeing your money again. :-(

You could take them to county court to try and get your money back, but we'd need lots more information about what you'd received etc before that was even thought about.

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

and it is NOT A FINE!!

its speculative invoice

don't get done over next time

You have paid twice without asking whether you owed any money in the first place and them come here an moan afterwards.

Well, do a chargeback via the bank or sue Minster Baywatch.

as for proof of payments, you have bank statements dont you?

As said, you haver been conned, there never can be a debt of £155 that is made clear in the relevant legislation that you are expected to know.

Ignorance is no defence in law but there again not is misrepresentation.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Perhaps you misread the post. The first payment was not collected and as a result all detail disappears from your bank account so would not show on a statement.

You misunderstand the law and procedure which is presumably why you are here.

I would still recommend doing a chargeback as there is no way on earth that you can legally owe them £155.

after that you tell us about the event and we wil help you in your new battle against these bandits when they start squealing about the chargeback

Edited by dx100uk
spacing