scaniaman

Lay-z-Boy Reclining chair warranty

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Lay-Z-Boy sell reclining chairs with a15 year warranty on the frame. This warranty is a key selling point.

My chair broke within the warranty period and they have been very difficult to deal with.

Firstly, they insist on proof of purchase irrespective of how long ago chair was bought.

Now, they want me to pay £60 for an engineer to take a look at the chair before they would consider my claim.

They are now saying my warranty is void since the present owners of the firm only took over 2 years ago and the retailer who I bought the chair from is now out of business.

Wide & Berth springs to mind.

If it is a manufacturer warranty it doesn't matter if the retailer has gone bust.

You do need proof of purchase, so start digging.

Asking to pay for an inspection is totally wrong.

At a stretch, it wouldn't be wrong if they said that you would be liable for the inspection fee if they found no fault or signs of misuse/negligence/deliberate damage.

Get back to them in writing and see what they reply.