Ruby_Tuesday

Capability for Work Questionaire - want my up and coming assessment recorded?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 419 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Today the form has arrived.

Was due in January 2016 so i had some peace.

4 years since the last one came and i was left in support group.

There doesn't seem much in the way of real sensible questions, some really silly ones that i just despair at. But the sentence that says i can use extra sheets if needed will mean quite a few pages that cover all the important things, the things that really matter.

Its a good job i/we have a few weeks to do it, my daughter/carer will be helping.

I will need to give this form as one example of things that stress me out and make my illnesses worse, and waiting for the outcome.

And sorry...i forgot to ask the thing i came here to ask...... Assuming they will haul me in for questioning, can i get the assessment recorded still? for ESA?

So far as I know you can still ask for assessments to be recorded, and definitely should.

I'm overdue for reassessment by two years, and whilst I appreciate the peace (whilst I deal with the PIP assessment and subsequent complaint!) there's also that sword of damocles and the occasional stray thought as to whether the form has got lost in the post. Plus the panic attack every time there's a brown envelope in the post ...

Good luck, and remember that if it's worth saying once it's worth repeating at every opportunity, mention 'risk' and 'danger' as often as possible and if their little tick boxes don't match your circumstances exactly, don't tick one.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I've added that to your title RB

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you RMW....there have been times when i have wondered if there would be a lost form scenario. I have until 28th march to get it back to them, it will be quite some paperwork for them to read.

You can still request the interrogation be recorded, I phoned on the morning of mine only to be told the equipment is broken so they'll resend a new appointment.

So far so good, nothing in the post.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

My daughter has googled dwp recording esa assessments and it says request it in advance. So it will go on the form they have sent me. It will have to be recorded as i have dreadful memory issues related to one of my illnesses, and i have to be able to know what was or wasn't said etc or my anxiety will be sky high, plus the added anxiety of the whole thing anyway.

Please remember that no one will read anything you put on the form regarding the assessment, e.g. ground floor needed, and the appointment will be booked through their automatic system so you may need to check that the assessment centre is suitable once you receive an appointment.

Also, no one will have read that you want the assessment recorded so you'll need to check that too.

In fact, it's unlikely that anyone will have read anything on the form other than your name and address until just before the assessment.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you RMW.....it beggars belief. My daughter is on it, am lucky to have her and the support i have here, no wonder so many people have such nightmare experiences.

So the form has gone off with as much info as we could muster....it says on there to request recording or home visit asap, so that's been put on there too. My daughter has also emailed their customer services, for information about what they actually do with the info/form etc...its been 4 yrs since the last one, i feel sick.

The customer "services" didn't get back to us re the approx. waiting time....its just over 6 weeks now since they would have received the esa reassessment form. MY daughter hasn't emailed again, feels it could be like a stick poking a hornets nest, best to avoid a possible sting....

Apparently its still a thing that each area is different on waiting times...some say that the longer the wait the more likely they are deciding on which group ie support or wrag to put you in, a quicker reply is usually a face to face thing............so basically am none the wiser. Needless to say my anxiety level is not good right now.

I wrote in block capitals at the top and bottom of every page of my last ESA50 I WANT MY ASSESSMENT RECORDED. It was, and I was migrated into support group.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

On my next form, I'm planning to sellotape a piece of paper over my name and address, list of conditions and anything else I think they will probably read saying that if they mess up and send me to a 3rd floor assessment centre 40 miles away with no accessible bus service and no parking again I will sue each and every one of them personally.

I'm hoping this means that if they decide I need a face-to-face again it will go straight in the 'home visit' pile and, when they find one willing to be recorded, the doctor allocated will read it properly the day before the appointment and decide that no visit is actually needed. Again.

If only they would get the degenerative and incurable thing, we wouldn't keep having to go through this.

RMW

So....today I have had a letter for a face 2 face assessment. No letter re the home visit which the head office told me I would get. The appointment is for next week. I cannot have a recorded assessment as

they only do them at 9.00am or 1.00pm and despite an appointment time, you still wait in a queue, similar to GP appointment they said and could involve an hour of more to wait but I would still have to be there at least 10 minutes early for the time of the appointment

My daughter is my carer and has to work around the school times for her son. So 9.00 is impossible, and anything after 2.00 is impossible. Given the definite delay and travel times.

Help with taxi costs will be available if GP can fax through the details

So the appointment for the beginning of next week at 9.15 is now the end of the week at 11.00. They have been advised we will have to be out of there by 1.30 to give plenty of time to get me home and for my

daughter to settle me and then do her school pickup.

I hope they don't mess me around and make me still wait hours....I cant be left there without my daughter and she cant wait there all day. Stress and anxiety already eating away at me.

I'm really worried they are going to keep us waiting and waiting beyond the appointment time..

Remind them when you arrive that you have a deadline, and remind them again at 1 minute past your appointment time and again half an hour before your daughter has to leave.

If you're still there when your daughter has to leave, then tell them their time is up and go with her - it's not your fault if they've been given plenty of warning.

RMW

Ok thank you RMW its so hard to have even a scrap of trust with them.

My GP has kindly sent them a fax to confirm I will need a taxi to get me to and from there. This was sent on Friday. So at least that's been done. I wont forget to get a receipt.

Apparently they organise a taxi.

My daughter has emailed them as to what to do etc.

They will ring the day before and advise of the time etc. and I don't need to make any payment.

I wonder if they will just use a local (to me) taxi or if they have a particular one they use all the time.

My daughter will speak to them tomorrow, I feel so sick and anxious before I even get there.

At least they have accepted I cant use public transport or attend on my own even via taxi.

Hi everyone, I am Ruby's daughter.

We are waiting for the completion of the power of attorney registration, but I am already doing it all anyhow.

Mum wanted me to come on as me and not write as if I am her, which is what she usually asks me to do.

mum had her assessment this morning.

We couldn't attend the centre for the 2 specific times for recorded assessments so it had to be a normal one.

They did arrange taxi, when it was 10 mins late I rang them constantly for another 6 or so minutes to get through, apparently traffic issues, any how it was almost 45 mins later before it arrived.

Mum was in panic mode.

We got there 15 mins late for her appointment but they knew why as they had the taxi details etc.

The assessor seemed a really nice lady, we had been told to expect to be there for an hour to hour and a half and that the assessment was in 2 parts?.....

...we have no idea what happened but we were only in the assessment for 20 mins and the lady said it was ended now.

I answered most of the questions although mum did participate, but she was in pain, very anxious, and although well mannered as usual she had really had enough.

The assessor said we will hear within 5 weeks..............holding breath, praying for the right result.

I don't want to raise false hopes, but I believe that such a short assessment is usual where it's clear fairly quickly that the support group criteria apply. Fingers crossed for you both.

RMW

That's kind of what I was thinking myself having been digging around online for info.

It seems the longer the assessment the more they seem to be looking for proof of criteria.

But I am not counting chickens as my nan used to say.

Will update when a result is received.

In my assessment, after the usual list of conditions, prescriptions etc bit,

the assessor went straight to one of the later criteria where she expected me to score 15 points and once she'd confirmed that, it was done.

I suppose there's no point dragging it out and wasting their own time if it's cut and dried - the more assessments they do each day the more they get paid apparently.

RMW

She went through the list of medication, then asked about the fibromyalgia, then the bipolar, we didn't get to the arthritis, recurring bursitis, or prolapse, or diabetes, although I don't expect they would be interested in diabetes as such.

I left her with a list of medication and illnesses, which I had also put in the original esa50.

I did ask at one point before going in if they would be much longer and the receptionist said "shes just looking at your file now and will call you into the office in a few minutes.

I don't know why they say to send it in beforehand, only once did mum get a paper decision and that was when they stopped them for a while.

I just hope this gets the right result if not they have another fight on their hands.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Hi everyone. Ruby's daughter here again.

Mum got her decision letter today.

Am so happy for her as she has been placed again into the support group

. She is so relieved.

I had covertly recorded it on my phone in case any errors deliberate or not found their way in to the report. So happy we haven't got the stress of appealing.

Mum's next pay day she is going to make a small donation.

We have also discussed making small donations every now and then.

Every little helps.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Excellent news!

RMW