BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it's worth getting house emergency insurance for a flat? On some websites the annual cost isn't really that bad but is it worth paying for that small property?

Thanks.

emergency for what?

is this not already covered under tenancy rules or WHY?

From what I've seen of these policies, they have so many exclusion clauses, you don't really have much cover. If you are adept at basic DIY, you can probably fix most issues without resorting to making a claim on the policy.

Should you be tempted to take out one of these policies, read the small print very, very carefully. Then with a cynic's cap on, look to see what they can avoid paying out for. With what little is left, ask yourself what the likelyhood of an incident occurring that would result in a claim.

If you are a tenant, any problem is your landlord's, so it is pointless in taking out a policy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If a householder consider adding accidental damage to your Buildings Ins.

If a T, take out Personal Contents Ins

Some LL losses can be claimed against T if it can be shown that T was ultimately resp for original cause.

depends on the terms of the deal. If it gets you an emergency plumber free of charge on christmas day you might consider it worthwhile but how long is a piece of string? We cant see what you are coonsidering so really cont offer proper advice

I mean, there is a lot of different sites in web, but I'm considering anual payment around £81 and they are claiming that they provide 24/7 customer service support all year round, so Christmas is probably included. Landlord isn't interested and I am responsible for every repairs in the flat.

Landlord isn't interested and I am responsible for every repairs in the flat.

urm I question the legality of that...

why should you have to take out insurance to pay for possible repair when it NOT your legal responsibility??

dx

agree, your landlord should have the correct insurance in place and if they dont you are not liable for damage caused so it it thier loss. Now are you worried about your home contents? f so get insurance for them but leave the rest to the person who is responsible.

24/7 customer service is not the same as 24/7 callout

Well so you saying I shouldn't be having one for myself then? Arguing with my landlord is not the case here. I mean it would be great if someone could fix that for me, but I don't believe it's gonna happen.