Work Trials

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for advise please. I have been unemployed since July 2009 and in receipt of IB JSA, Housing and Council Tax Benefit. I have been offered a job on a four week trial basis. Trouble is, I am worried about coming off benefit, especially at this time of the year with Christmas almost upon us, only to have to go back on benefit if the trial basis is not sucessful. My question is, do I have to be unemployed for 6 months or more to go on a Work Trial. If this is the case and I cannot go on a Work Trial and I accept the job, would I be able to fast track my claim should the job cease after the 4 week period?

Also, I am single, working 20 hours per week, would I be entitled to Tax Credits?

Last question, is there any financial help towards returning back to work.

Thanks for your advice. Joe

You could do a "rapid reclaim" if your work trial doesn't pan out to permanent employment.

You wouldn't be entitled to working tax credit as you are working below 30 hours. (unless you are disabled, in which case you would receive WTC after 16 hours).

You won't be entitled to financial assistance for returning to work as you have not been in receipt of benefit for the qualifying period.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)