BankFodder BankFodder

kitties

Hearing and filling fees for court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 697 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I'm considering taking someone to small claims court over a faulty TV that they've sold me. I was just wondering if it's possible to inlcude filling and hearing fee as part of my claim? Also, can I claim anything for the income I'm going to lose for attending the court? If yes, how much?

many thanks

You include the claim filing fee in your claim but not the hearing fee, which if you win you will automatically be awarded.

You can claim loss of income for attending the hearing and you should include it in a costs schedule and file it with the court BEFORE the hearing.

Thanks for your response, is there a limit for "loss of income" or can I claim as much as I feel necessary?

When you say someone sold you, was it through a company or a gumtree type purchase?

When you say someone sold you, was it through a company or a gumtree type purchase?

I bought it 2nd hand from a small shop on the street, it's a small business, I wouldn't call a company though...